Tier 5s and Screamers

zombiehunter

Wow.  So I guess screamers are a regular thing when it comes to Tier 5 quests now.  I was doing Navegane Corrections and I could hear a screamer but she was outside the walls.  Lo and behold, she starts screaming.  How in the heck could she see me?  She was on the other side of the wall!  Before I knew it, her and all of her friends, including more screamers, had busted through the wall and it was a freaking crazy time.  I had dozens of Zs coming in from outside and dozens more coming out from the building.  Thankfully I was able to survive it but I just about ran out of ammo.  

Then, I'm doing the Two Bit Tower and I could hear a screamer outside.  I am inside the building, there was no way she could see me yet she starts screaming and again, before I know it I'm getting inundated with Zs coming into the building from outside.

I thought the screamer had to see you before they would scream.  What gives?  I call BS on that.

Nope.  They will wait until they see you but if they can't see you within a certain amount of time, they will scream.  I had many screamers at a time outside tier 5s in A20.  At one point, I had to kill around 35-45 zombies, including multiple screamers.  Fun times.

If they never screamed, they would have little impact on your game except when mining.  I think they work just fine.  It is intended to be added challenge, and that is what they are.

1 hour ago, zombiehunter said:

Wow.  So I guess screamers are a regular thing when it comes to Tier 5 quests now.  I was doing Navegane Corrections and I could hear a screamer but she was outside the walls.  Lo and behold, she starts screaming.  How in the heck could she see me?  She was on the other side of the wall!  Before I knew it, her and all of her friends, including more screamers, had busted through the wall and it was a freaking crazy time.  I had dozens of Zs coming in from outside and dozens more coming out from the building.  Thankfully I was able to survive it but I just about ran out of ammo.  

Then, I'm doing the Two Bit Tower and I could hear a screamer outside.  I am inside the building, there was no way she could see me yet she starts screaming and again, before I know it I'm getting inundated with Zs coming into the building from outside.

I thought the screamer had to see you before they would scream.  What gives?  I call BS on that.

You must be making a ton of noise/heat, I do T5's stealthed and have never had a screamer, yet.   I leave secure storage boxes along my path so I can store loot then run back through to get stuff I missed once I'm putting it away in my vehicle or if I have to come back the next day.