Findable drinks

AngryMiner5704

I have fewer problems with the fact that jars were removed. That I can live with.

I find it very silly, kind of dumb, and fun decreasing that potable water and other drinks have since been made impossibly rare to find, plus the fact that boiling water takes 40 seconds per operation. I would have no problems with just one of these, but in combination, they make the game less fun for me. I typically play on quicker time settings, (20 or 30 real-world minutes per in-game 24 hour cycle), so 40 seconds for one boiled water takes up too much of my time I could otherwise be using to loot, especially when I have no other drinks due to them not being found in loot anymore.

I request that one or both of these changes be reverted. The dew collector is fine, but don't try to shove it down the playerbase's throats like this.

I always set a handful of things in queue and then go loot. Water/food. When you get back you have a ton of cooked goodies.

I do agree the time to craft is really hard for short duration games, but the point of a shorter day is to increase difficulty do to the time limitation between horde nights.

That is the only thing I know of that a shorter day affects. Hunger/thirst don't seem to be tied to game hours, but are to energy expenditure and time passed IRL

The early game might mean needing to wait a little bit to make a few drinks but if you have even 10 queued and wait until you have 2 water in the early game, that's enough to last you until you get back.  And by the time you're back, you'll have 8 more waiting.  You can then start boiling what you found before going out again.  So it really isn't that big of a deal.  I never have any need to sit around waiting on water to boil (or tea to be made).  Sometimes I might need to wait for food to cook in the first couple of days but never water.  You find so many drinks so easily in the game that it really isn't necessary to wait.  And even if you need to one time, after that, as long as you keep water boiling each time you go out, you'll always have enough when you return to go out again without having to wait again.