Vehicles

Shaenara

A suggestion: With all the awesome new vehicle textures and types etc, which I am so grateful for I would like to submit a suggestion for future updates/versions. Make it possible for us to somehow transport a vehicle of choice to inventory / sleeping bag location and the possibility to build up the vehicle and restore it working condition and drive around in it. 😁

On 8/1/2023 at 4:14 AM, Shaenara said:

A suggestion: With all the awesome new vehicle textures and types etc, which I am so grateful for I would like to submit a suggestion for future updates/versions. Make it possible for us to somehow transport a vehicle of choice to inventory / sleeping bag location and the possibility to build up the vehicle and restore it working condition and drive around in it. 😁

There is a mod that gives you a ton of vehicles and the ability to repair vehicles you find or even to find a working vehicle.  That's likely your only chance to have this as having such an option really makes it extremely easy to get vehicles quickly.  And if they made repairing take as long to acquire the skill as crafting one, it really doesn't make repairing one much use.

Also, the only vehicles in vanilla that can be driven are the ones you can craft.  The other vehicles in the game are not designed for driving around and that won't change.  So this option would require having player vehicles placed around the map and those vehicles really don't look like the other vehicles sitting around the map, so it would look strange to mix the two.

I'd really suggest trying the vehicle mod if you want this kind of functionality.  I'm not certain if it's updated for A21 yet, though.

17 hours ago, Riamus said:

I'd really suggest trying the vehicle mod if you want this kind of functionality.  I'm not certain if it's updated for A21 yet, though.

It is! I wish it could be server side-only (I understand why it isn't), we used some on my buddy's server in A20 and I miss some of the vehicles in that mod.