Zombie and online player location sync issue

PluttenHFH

I started playing the game with my friend for the first time today.

I set up a dedicated server with basically all settings left as they were, besides naming the server and putting a password on it.

The problem is only for me, not my friend.

The issue is that for me, creatures and players are usually not where they seem to be, we will both fight the same zombie but 20 feet apart from eachother, eventually the zombie will fly off to wherever my friend is and die. Ironically I can still kill them even though they arent technically there, the zombie then usually flies off to my friend or elsewhere and falls over.

They will also walk through walls, fall through the ground and then appear next to me a few seconds later.

I have witnessed flying rabbits run through a wall, scared the crap out of me at first.

The server is hosted on my connection, it works fine for my friend but not for me.

I tried googling for a while but couldnt find anything conclusive.

I don't really have any logs, I assume it is because there have been no crashes happening.

Any help is greatly appreciated, we were excited to finally get around to playing the game but this makes it really tough to enjoy it.

EDIT: spelling.

Edited by PluttenHFH (see edit history)

7 hours ago, PluttenHFH said:

I started playing the game with my friend for the first time today.

I set up a dedicated server with basically all settings left as they were, besides naming the server and putting a password on it.

The problem is only for me, not my friend.

The issue is that for me, creatures and players are usually not where they seem to be, we will both fight the same zombie but 20 feet apart from eachother, eventually the zombie will fly off to wherever my friend is and die. Ironically I can still kill them even though they arent technically there, the zombie then usually flies off to my friend or elsewhere and falls over.

They will also walk through walls, fall through the ground and then appear next to me a few seconds later.

I have witnessed flying rabbits run through a wall, scared the crap out of me at first.

The server is hosted on my connection, it works fine for my friend but not for me.

I tried googling for a while but couldnt find anything conclusive.

I don't really have any logs, I assume it is because there have been no crashes happening.

Any help is greatly appreciated, we were excited to finally get around to playing the game but this makes it really tough to enjoy it.

EDIT: spelling.

You will always have logs even if you don't crash.  Those would be necessary to provide help.

Also, in case you aren't aware, if you're only playing the game with specific people (in this case, just one friend) and are hosting the server on your computer that you're playing the game on, you might as well not use a server and just host the game normally.  Running a server on the same computer isn't going to help you any unless you want to allow your friend to play when you're not around.  If that's the case, then yes, the server is still a good option.  Just remember that if they play when you're not around, you might miss horde nights and such.

1 hour ago, Riamus said:

You will always have logs even if you don't crash.  Those would be necessary to provide help.

Also, in case you aren't aware, if you're only playing the game with specific people (in this case, just one friend) and are hosting the server on your computer that you're playing the game on, you might as well not use a server and just host the game normally.  Running a server on the same computer isn't going to help you any unless you want to allow your friend to play when you're not around.  If that's the case, then yes, the server is still a good option.  Just remember that if they play when you're not around, you might miss horde nights and such.

I followed the directions in

and I literally do not have any logs on the client.

I can post the logs from the server but they are only the ones that says when we log on and off.

The server is hosted on a different computer.

EDIT: it appears I cannot read, the logs will be posted in this post and in the original in a few minutes.

EDIT2: correction, it seems I can't edit the original post. Here are all 5 logs I have:

https://pastebin.com/tU2cis0A
https://pastebin.com/fKMdYkV8
https://pastebin.com/qckT4rqF
https://pastebin.com/3DCMVPWf
https://pastebin.com/PBgFXLQu

Edited by PluttenHFH
I am stupid. (see edit history)

Do you have Dynamic Mesh turned on? If so, try turning it off and report back if it helps. We had one player with similar issues, players and zombies would float around and do weird @%$# on his end. Turned off dynamic mesh and it fixed it.

I looked at 4 of the logs and the significant issues I see, in one log the litenetlib connection failed and in the other logs requesting rules from the server failed. Most often this is caused by not having the correct ports forwarded on the host router. Be sure that the person hosting the server has forwarded the following ports:

UDP: 26900-26903     TCP: 26900

Also you should create exclusions in your antivirus software for both the game folder and the saves folder. Disabling antivirus software is not good enough( includes Windows Defender).