Magbow 3.0 (A21)

Russiandood

Magbow 3.0 is back!!

Sorry for the delay in updating this passion project of mine and thanks to all those that updated the mod to work for A19 & A20. I plan to keep this up to date and again may add more complexity later on. 

One of the main reasons I failed to update this for so long is that I ended up losing my Unity project for this and others. I lost my motivation to rebuild it and also the fact that the Alphas kept changing how progression and how the weapons worked in xml. I think TFP are getting even closer to how they feel the progression will go, so I feel this was as good as a time as ever to rebuild the Magbow. 

Here are the features

• Holds 15 bolts.
  • Custom sound and fire animation.
  • Bolt velocity is 40% faster than a crossbow.
  • Entity damage is increased by 30. 
  • Unlocked at lvl 75 Bows
  • Rare find in loot
  • Can purchase from trader at the same time you can buy the other high tier weapons, like the Auto Shotgun.
  • Attachments work for the most part, may need additional tweaking. Reflex sight looks great and would recommend it!
    • Reflex Sight/2x/4x/8x Scopes
    • Laser Sight (Looks a little funky, and couldn't fix)
    • Flashlight
    • Magazine and Drum Attachment
    • Polymer String
    • Grips and Bipod

Here is what has changed for version 3.0:

• Fixed to work in A21
  • Fixed issue with bolts stack below on the Magbow. Now the arrow sticks out in front and doesn't stack. See picture to see how it looks.
  • Tweaked damage and velocity
  • Changed unlock method to craft Magbow. Unlocked at level 75 Bows (Removed Schematic to unlock recipe)
  • Added support for the x8 scope, I had to go through a round about way to add a new model and have the game attach it correctly. (Craft normal x8 scope into the Magbow x8 scope and vice versa.)
  • Added Magbow Crafting Component, Military-Grade Polymer String
    • 2 Military Fiber
    • 1 Acid
    • 5 Scrap Polymer
    • 4 Cloth
  • Changed recipe to craft Magbow
    • 2 Wooden bow parts
    • 2 Military-Grade Polymer String
    • 5 Reforged Steel
    • 1 glue
    • 20 Scrap Polymers
  • Updated Localization file
  • Changed weapon Hold Type and the reload is a bit more accurate

Release Notes 3.1:

• Fixed Magbow to be bought from trader, added the traders.xml
  • Added it as a T6 Quest reward

Downloads

Nexus

Google Drive

Please let me know of bugs, issues and suggestions.
Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Model is a purchased model. May not be used for without permission.

Edited by Russiandood
Release notes for 3.1 and updated link (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Russiandood said:

Magbow 3.0 is back!!

Sorry for the delay in updating this passion project of mine and thanks to all those that updated the mod to work for A19 & A20. I plan to keep this up to date and again may add more complexity later on. 

One of the main reasons I failed to update this for so long is that I ended up losing my Unity project for this and others. I lost my motivation to rebuild it and also the fact that the Alphas kept changing how progression and how the weapons worked in xml. I think TFP are getting even closer to how they feel the progression will go, so I feel this was as good as a time as ever to rebuild the Magbow. 

Here are the features

• Holds 15 bolts.
  • Custom sound and fire animation.
  • Bolt velocity is 40% faster than a crossbow.
  • Entity damage is increased by 30. 
  • Unlocked at lvl 75 Bows
  • Rare find in loot
  • Can purchase from trader at the same time you can buy the other high tier weapons, like the Auto Shotgun.
  • Attachments work for the most part, may need additional tweaking. Reflex sight looks great and would recommend it!
    • Reflex Sight/2x/4x/8x Scopes
    • Laser Sight (Looks a little funky, and couldn't fix)
    • Flashlight
    • Magazine and Drum Attachment
    • Polymer String
    • Grips and Bipod

Here is what has changed for version 3.0:

• Fixed to work in A21
  • Fixed issue with bolts stack below on the Magbow. Now the arrow sticks out in front and doesn't stack. See picture to see how it looks.
  • Tweaked damage and velocity
  • Changed unlock method to craft Magbow. Unlocked at level 75 Bows (Removed Schematic to unlock recipe)
  • Added support for the x8 scope, I had to go through a round about way to add a new model and have the game attach it correctly. (Craft normal x8 scope into the Magbow x8 scope and vice versa.)
  • Added Magbow Crafting Component, Military-Grade Polymer String
    • 2 Military Fiber
    • 1 Acid
    • 5 Scrap Polymer
    • 4 Cloth
  • Changed recipe to craft Magbow
    • 2 Wooden bow parts
    • 2 Military-Grade Polymer String
    • 5 Reforged Steel
    • 1 glue
    • 20 Scrap Polymers
  • Updated Localization file
  • Changed weapon Hold Type and the reload is a bit more accurate

Downloads

Nexus

Google Drive

Please let me know of bugs, issues and suggestions.
Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Model is a purchased model. May not be used for without permission.

Does it need to installed on clients aswell as server

Tried it out in Creative and it is pretty nice.

Can this be bought from traders though? I thought it had to be in a "trader_item_group".

Thoughts on making the Magbow a rare quest reward?

20 hours ago, UnwishedJack said:

Does it need to installed on clients aswell as server

It does include models so it does need to be on both.

5 hours ago, Tarf said:

Tried it out in Creative and it is pretty nice.

Can this be bought from traders though? I thought it had to be in a "trader_item_group".

Thoughts on making the Magbow a rare quest reward?

You are absolutely right! Thanks for catching that, I will be updating it here shortly. Also, great suggestion about the quest reward, adding it as well.

• 2 months later...

bow is fun, though when trying it with Darkness Falls it errors. worked fine in vanilla though. All parts are fine from what i've tested, but clicking on the magbow in crafting tab and I get this. attached image to show the never ending error i get. sucks it errors though, but i know not all are compatible but i love the magbow.

ERR [XUI] Error when updating window group "crafting"

becomes a never ending error requiring me to force close the gamespacer.png

• 6 months later...
On 9/27/2023 at 4:09 PM, Dusky said:

bow is fun, though when trying it with Darkness Falls it errors. worked fine in vanilla though. All parts are fine from what i've tested, but clicking on the magbow in crafting tab and I get this. attached image to show the never ending error i get. sucks it errors though, but i know not all are compatible but i love the magbow.

The magbow has always had this crafting error. It requires the crafting to be changed to work with DF. Unless someone wants to go through that effort, it will never be compatible crafting wise. I would love for it to work with DF as well.

The magbow is extremely inaccurate. I gave myself 100 archery and mods to help with accuracy, and it is still wildly inaccurate. I was testing in DF, but is it supposed to be so inaccurate you hit like 2-5 shots per magazine from like 5 ft away from a zombie?

Edited by Werei (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2023 at 4:09 PM, Dusky said:

If anyone is interested, I figured out why this happens. It's because the weapon is trying to reference progression from the wrong skill. DF overhauls all the skills from Vanilla. If you remove the progression file from the mod and add the "unlockby" to the correct DF skill in the DF progression file it'll work fine.