Spawning POI's?

So I've downloaded a number of POI's lately, but can't seem to get any of them to spawn into any of the worlds I generate.  Is there any way to increase the chance that they'll spawn?

I've also tried manually placing them via the world editor, with mixed results.  There's only one POI that I've successfully placed.  Others end up in the ground, or within other objects, or anywhere that's not within the selected area, and when I try to undo the action, it just leaves a massive hole in the ground.  One POI is a bunker that, according to the description, goes all the way to bedrock level.

There are a lot of details related to getting POIs to be placed by RWG. If you're grabbing POIs that were built for an older version of the game, and have not been updated to A20 or A21, then it is unlikely they will get placed because they lack the appropriate tags and/or are not a standard size.

Which POIs are you using and from what source did you get them? (This way I could look at one or more and see if they're viable.)

Another possibility is that you're not putting the POIs into a place where RWG can find them, though if you're seeing them in the World Builder tool I suspect that isn't the issue.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)