Chunk reset question

jdifran

I'm playing on a multiplayer server with chunk reset set to 200 days (8.33 actual days).  I'm building a massive base that is too big to protect from chunk resets using a bedroll and land claim blocks.  If I just run a lap around the perimeter of my base every few days, will that ensure that the areas outside my LCBs won't go poof?

7 hours ago, jdifran said:

I'm playing on a multiplayer server with chunk reset set to 200 days (8.33 actual days).  I'm building a massive base that is too big to protect from chunk resets using a bedroll and land claim blocks.  If I just run a lap around the perimeter of my base every few days, will that ensure that the areas outside my LCBs won't go poof?

That should work fine.  Any players in an area will reset the timer for that area.  Depending on the size of the base, if you are running around the perimeter and there is any part of the building too far from the perimeter and not within any of your land claim blocks or bedroll area or near a vehicle, that part could still get reset, though.

I can't promise it won't disappear, though.  I don't use the option as I don't like things I do to the world changing on me, so I don't know if it has any bugs.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)