A few ideas for upcoming alphas

VoidSeeker977

-Have there been any thoughts on allowing players to upgrade their equipment instead of just crafting new items?  Allowing us to upgrade from T1 through to T6 with progressively higher resource costs?

-A crafting station, could be something small, that would allow us to customize our characters ingame, small tweaks like hair styles and or make up (if chosen), (Alpha 22 with the new character models)?  Not like, change your color or anything just stuff you could say.... do in the mirror.

-Has there been any further discussions on my prevous topic?:  

20 minutes ago, VoidSeeker977 said:

-Have there been any thoughts on allowing players to upgrade their equipment instead of just crafting new items?  Allowing us to upgrade from T1 through to T6 with progressively higher resource costs?

-A crafting station, could be something small, that would allow us to customize our characters ingame, small tweaks like hair styles and or make up (if chosen), (Alpha 22 with the new character models)?  Not like, change your color or anything just stuff you could say.... do in the mirror.

-Has there been any further discussions on my prevous topic?:  

Regarding Upgrades:
Hmm. It makes some sense from a immersion perspective. But there's no game mechanic in place for that (I think). Thinking on how the things works currently, it would require another set of schematics using lesser quality equipment as craft materials to craft better quality that would multiply the amount of craft recipes and pollute the crafting listing. Also, craft materials does not consider current quality of a craft item (for instance, batteries - that's why they remove engine quality levels, I guess). Just as an example:

To upgrade a pistol from 1 to 2. You would have another craft recipe. The same for 2 to 3, up to 4 to 5. That would mean... 4 more recipes for each item that has quality (weapons, tools, armor). There are 5 types of handgun (pipe, handgun, revolver, smg and desert vulture). Only in that category it would be 20 more recipes. On the over hand, by scrapping any of these guns you get their core component for craft (except the pipe), that is the handgun part. So basically you get somewhat the same result by scrapping the gun and taking it's core component required to craft upper levels. So in the end, with the exception that the scrap result in the same amount of components no matter the quality level (I think).

Regarding craft station. Is it not possible to change appearance altering the profile of the character? It's not in game. but it's doable.

12 minutes ago, Lamblaska said:

To upgrade a pistol from 1 to 2. You would have another craft recipe.

Technically, the different recipes are there already.. the material amounts change from tier to tier, IF that part of the system could use the quality info similarly, it would be a matter of changing the quality number, just as the number of mats.

25 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Technically, the different recipes are there already.. the material amounts change from tier to tier, IF that part of the system could use the quality info similarly, it would be a matter of changing the quality number, just as the number of mats.

The material amount doesn't change anymore though...

8 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

The material amount doesn't change anymore though...

Whaddya mean? Just checked in my A21 b324 game, for example a Desert Vulture takes 1 part per quality, a q5 costing 5 parts.. all the other mats change too.

11 hours ago, theFlu said:

Whaddya mean? Just checked in my A21 b324 game, for example a Desert Vulture takes 1 part per quality, a q5 costing 5 parts.. all the other mats change too.

Really? I'll have to double check mine. I think I was looking at things wrong. I do miss previous alphas requiring more parts than that though for Q5. We find so many parts now, and 5 is so little, we have tons of useless parts left over. Free money, I guess, but jeez.