DHTA Blocks

The_Great_Sephiroth

This mod is an ongoing project to speed up building bases without reducing item costs or making the game "easy". Currently, the mod has one set of steel blocks targeted at mid- to end-game players who are building walls or other defenses (such as a pit) and spend a lot of time stacking blocks. There are seven steel blocks added (search for DHTA in creative or build menus) which, when placed, will spawn one to seven other steel blocks on top of the initial block.

For example, placing "DHTA_GrowSteelBlock02" will place one steel block on the ground and one will appear on top of the first one. Placing "DHTA_GrowSteelBlock08" will place one steel block on the ground, then one on top of it, then one on top of that one, and so on until it is eight blocks high. This makes building walls up to eight blocks high much quicker. Do note that each one costs the amount of steel block resources that it would require if placing the blocks manually.

The blocks that are both placed and the ones that spawn are normal steel blocks from the built-in game files. This means that you can remove the modlet and everything that you built using the modlet will remain.

Note that I fully intend to add blocks for each type of material in the game and I intend to tie them to the correct skills. I will update this post when I release a new version.

Download:

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/3243

I just uploaded 21.324.0.2 to Nexus Mods. I added wood, cobblestone, and concrete cubes, all of which can be made to grow up to eight blocks high. I also made all types craftable at the workbench, and began referring to the items by their shape (cube). I intend on added other shapes to the mod when I get some more time. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...