A mod that removes traders, disables trader bases from being indestructable

I believe all the trader bases are prefabs and their protection is set within the prefab's file...but I could be wrong.  But if that's the case, it should be possible to remove it from the prefabs for your server and then generate a map, I would think.

4 hours ago, Taien said:

I believe all the trader bases are prefabs and their protection is set within the prefab's file...but I could be wrong.  But if that's the case, it should be possible to remove it from the prefabs for your server and then generate a map, I would think.

You are correct (Assuming it hasn't changed since A20), in the trader prefab xml you can edit (Or remove? I forget) these to set it to destructible and no teleport;

<property name="TraderArea" value="True" />
  <property name="TraderAreaProtect" value="0,0,0" />
  <property name="TraderAreaTeleportSize" value="40, 27, 42" />
  <property name="TraderAreaTeleportCenter" value="10, 0, 4" />

What I have never tried is not having the trader at all, though I imagine it is possible, I am just not sure how you would do it off the top of my head.

8 hours ago, Ananais said:

You are correct (Assuming it hasn't changed since A20), in the trader prefab xml you can edit (Or remove? I forget) these to set it to destructible and no teleport;

<property name="TraderArea" value="True" />
  <property name="TraderAreaProtect" value="0,0,0" />
  <property name="TraderAreaTeleportSize" value="40, 27, 42" />
  <property name="TraderAreaTeleportCenter" value="10, 0, 4" />

What I have never tried is not having the trader at all, though I imagine it is possible, I am just not sure how you would do it off the top of my head.

Gonna have to mess around with this, but I know the trader's each have their own line, which I assume you could just delete them, but I wanna see if anyone else has any more ideas so I don't mess around too much. I just think having all the traders as gone, with no protected buildings would be fun, at least for a gameplay.

On 7/9/2023 at 2:52 PM, BFT2020 said:

I think if you modify the POI list and remove the traders before doing a rwg map, they should not be placed.  However I never did it personally so not up to speed on the details.

Yea, I also wanna look into making a mod for it. Have no clue how to do it, but I like learning things.