Is It Safe To Build On Town/City Roads?

We're in a town and I built our Horde Base on the parking lot of a Super Shamway insight of our home base. Obviously if we trigger a quest for that building we'll loose the base in the reset. Not too bothered, can build another one easily enough and want to explore a new design; but am I safer building it outside the town entirely? Or can I build it on the road in between POIs and at junctions without worrying that activating the nearby POIs will reset the road as well?

supposedly IF a player builds on a poi and has a bedroll and or lcb down, then the quest will no longer include that poi. (supposedly), as long as there is no open quest on it by another person. (you should get a warning if there was a quest open) :)

i would be careful on that premise. also since you will be building on the large parking lot, you might want to destroy the paint lines as they are actual voxel blocks that may give you issues trying to place building blocks.

but as for your question... safer is merely up to the player and play style and how much you want to deal with nosy neighbors (ya know... the zeds) :)

if your server has it on... then be safe and at least lay down another lcb even if you have one at your original home base.

only place that really has a restriction is areas that are controlled by trader safety zones. so yes you can build almost anywhere (including on top of the dishong tower if you like).

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

@OneManStanding I agree with @unholyjoe - previously I'd build on two lane roads but haven't for a while.  But when I did I'd build it up and have my parking lot just under it lol  But for now I've just taken over POI's with an LCB; the group has done the same on the server.  With how 'hard' things have become I've been considering building a base outside the city with a separate horde base near; keeping in mind the destructive power of demolishers.  Having a base/horde base together is another option.