[A21] ๐•๐ž๐ซ๐ ๐ข๐ฅ๐’๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐๐š'๐ฌ ๐•๐š๐ซ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐•๐ข๐œ๐ญ๐ฎ๐š๐ฅ๐ฌ โ€” New food, drink, and bundle items to populate your Random Gen! [formerly In-Universe Junk]

vergilsparda

I sadly have to report that my boyfriend and me have the same problem with your mod. We mad sure we both and the server have the mod installed and yet, I can see the icons but he doesnยดt.

ย 

We checked his folder and the icons are there. Whats odd is that I copied my mods ordner and gave it to him so we have the same copy. We have a couple of other mods running too but we get no error messages while loading the game. I have gathered some of the items and they all are working. The vending machines are also showing your items. We can both buy and use them. They are definetely working for him too. The only thing is that he doesnยดt have the icons showing.

ย 

Can it be that its a grafic setting in the options menue that is causing this? Because I donยดt know what else it could be.

8 hours ago, Sellsents said:

I sadly have to report that my boyfriend and me have the same problem with your mod.

[brevity snip]

Can it be that its a graphic setting in the options menu that is causing this? Because I donยดt know what else it could be.

ย 

It's possible that it could be a graphics setting, I don't know why I didn't think of thatโ€”though I'm not sure which it could be...

ย 

Under the spoiler are the graphics settings I use as of Alpha 21.2 (latest experimental right now), and I can see them. It's also possible the mod didn't install correctly, which can happen sometimes, and a quick reinstall might also fix it. I've also heard sometimes that mods that add in icons need to have EAC turned off, but if you both have them you should be able to see them. Is it possible they need to be on server side, too, if you're running a server?

ย 

Spoiler

sdfdsfds.thumb.png.de70e7c1d0cc552c72d63c861bd99ea3.png

ย 

If it helps any more, as well, these are my current PC specs, at least what's relevant:

ย 

RX 580 (8GB)

Ryzen 5 3600x

32GB RAM

(and I play on an SSD, not an HDD)

ย 

the 32gb is honestly just for playing mod packs like Undead legacy, since it takes up a lot of ram, as well as other more recent titles like Resident Evil 4 and such. My card isn't considered "powerful" anymore so I have to stick with half textures or I get nervous about VRAM usage (though it's usually fine unless I'm in a city). CPU can handle the game fairly well as well, and I do have dynamic mesh on; I play windowed borderless with no dynamic resolution. I don't know how much of any of this will help, but maybe it might.

ย 

If any of this works please let me know so I can add it to my post for others!

Hey,

ย 

thank you that you responded. I very much appreciate it.

ย 

I forgot to mention in my post that we already turned EAC off. And the server has the mod installed. We will install the mod again on his device and if it doesnยดt work then I will take a look at our video settings and try to figure out why he canยดt see the icons.

ย 

I will let you know the outcome of our search. Thank you again for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2023 at 1:49 PM, Catty27 said:

Hello,

Me and my boyfriend have a server with your mod. We used to play vanilla and recently we download some mods to test on alpha 21.
He's having a bug that he didn't have before when we were playing vanilla. Basically, when he drinks water or any other drinkable item, the water bar doesn't go up, like he didn't drink anything. This only happens with the drink meter. It keeps goind down and drinking something doesn't change anything. If is a drink with buffs, he gets the buffs normally, but not the water itself.
He then dies, and for a while, the bug disapears, but come back again after some time. I looked online about this kinda bug and didn't find anything. This doesn't occur with me, just him.ย 
I'm sorry to bother you if this is not a bug from your mod, I'm new to the game and I know the game has a lot of bugs itself, that's why I don't know if it's a mod bug or not.
Your mod is the only one that adds food/water stuff. But just to be sure, I'll put the other mods we use down below. If there's anything you need me to do or send to you, just let me know.
And thanks in advance!

Alpha 21 - Mod List -ย 

- Quartz HUD
- A21 556 gun pack (1 of 3)
-ย Jakmeister999's REASONABLE Large Stacks (A21)
- FpsBoost
-ย VergilSparda-Various Victuals 1_3

im having the same problem rn did you guys ever find out what it was? or how to fix it?

2 hours ago, bloodhelsing said:

im having the same problem rn did you guys ever find out what it was? or how to fix it?

ย 

Apart from reinstalling the mod, unfortunately noย : (

ย 

Everything in the mod seems to be working just fine, it's just that sometimes the icons won't show! I'm really not sure what causes it.

50 minutes ago, vergilsparda said:

ย 

Apart from reinstalling the mod, unfortunately noย : (

ย 

Everything in the mod seems to be working just fine, it's just that sometimes the icons won't show! I'm really not sure what causes it.

oh no the icons show jsut fine im talking about drinking anything but my thirst doesn't go up im pretty sure its not your mod tho.

ย 

ย 

just found a fix idk if it will work for everyone but i changed myย region and loaded my world and usedย console command to give myself water and my thirst meter started working like normal still dont why what makes the bug happensย 

Edited by bloodhelsing (see edit history)

2 hours ago, bloodhelsing said:

oh no the icons show jsut fine im talking about drinking anything but my thirst doesn't go up im pretty sure its not your mod tho.

ย 

ย 

just found a fix idk if it will work for everyone but i changed myย region and loaded my world and usedย console command to give myself water and my thirst meter started working like normal still dont why what makes the bug happensย 

Ah! I read it wrong, sorry! You caught me right when I'd just woken up. I didn't even think to look at the message you were quoting ๐Ÿ˜ญ

ย 

I don't think not being able to drink water is a problem with my mod, but it is weird that it's happened twice with Various Victuals installed.

ย 

As far as I know none of my items change the water item itself; a few drinkables are based on boiled water and one or two teas (as well as I think mega crush and alcohol), but that shouldn't effect or change how boiled water itself works. If anything, try removing all of your mods and add them back in to a new, separate game than the one you're currently playing, and see if it is my mod! If so, I can try and figure out what's causing it.

ย 

If it isn't Various Victuals, then at least you'll know which mod is causing the bug to occur when it pops up again. And if it still sometimes happens in vanilla 7 Days to Die, then you can check the bug pool and list of bugs and if it isn't there, let them know, since that's a pretty significant bug given the new water changes!