(A21) Ana's Vehicle Respawning

Anabella

A21 Vehicle respawning.

https://github.com/Anabella00geek/7D2D-Vehicle-Respawner-A21/

Respawns vehicles in the game.  Has the new vehicles added to A21.  Down grades vehicles to one of the wheels with rim laying on ground so that you can tell it is not a normal tire to chop. I also used metal material so that it takes a few more hits to destroy it. Destroying will stop the vehicle respawning for anyone wanting to build where the vehicles are or clear the road.

Also works with 21.1

Edited by Anabella
added note (see edit history)

The tire has that nice context of being the spare tire that drops down during the final wrench moment.
This mod sits quietly doing its thing in the background, but really makes all the difference on those servers with a constant player count in the double figures.
There was a lot more updating to get this ready for A21 with all the new types of vehicle out there. It's much appreciated.

On 7/1/2023 at 6:31 AM, arramus said:

The tire has that nice context of being the spare tire that drops down during the final wrench moment.
This mod sits quietly doing its thing in the background, but really makes all the difference on those servers with a constant player count in the double figures.
There was a lot more updating to get this ready for A21 with all the new types of vehicle out there. It's much appreciated.

No time to grab that spare as the zombies come running for you. ;)  

Any fix for the Server kinda crashing due to this mod?

After 2-3 hours when vehicles respawn it lag out the entire server and nobody is able to move or reconnect. Have to relaunch server each time.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 12:06 PM, Ekzo said:

Any fix for the Server kinda crashing due to this mod?

After 2-3 hours when vehicles respawn it lag out the entire server and nobody is able to move or reconnect. Have to relaunch server each time.

I have not had that problem at all with the mod.  Never had anyone else tell me that it causes such an issue.  Could be something else going on.  It uses the same class as growing plants.  Do farms cause you problems?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Munin said:

Hello, maybe it is a stupid question.
But do i have to just add this mod in the Server Mod folder, or do i need to add it on client site too?

Not stupid at all. I try and write all my mods so that they push from the server and don’t have to be downloaded by client. I ran public servers for years and know the headache of asking people to download something. Only time this needs to be downloaded to the client is if you want to use it in solo games.

2 hours ago, Anabella said:

Not stupid at all. I try and write all my mods so that they push from the server and don’t have to be downloaded by client. I ran public servers for years and know the headache of asking people to download something. Only time this needs to be downloaded to the client is if you want to use it in solo games.

Thx for the answer.
But i still have a problem. 

I named a folder "Mods" in the Server Folder, restartet the Server and tried to disassamble a car.
But there are no tires left and now i don't know if the mod works.

What could be the Problem?

When looking in that Mods folder you should see a directory called Ana_Vehicle_Respawner.  If you aren't seeing that then that would be the issue.  When extracting the file from GitHub it makes a zip named 7D2D-Vehicle-Respawner-A21-main.  So when you exact that with windows it can put that as the top folder and it not the one you want to be top folder.  You just need to go into that folder and copy over or upload the folder Ana_Vehicle_Respawner (and all the files included in that folder).