Stuck on 'Starting Game' screen

CubanCaffery

I did the 6.3gb update on steam on the 28th-06-23, since then i cant log into a dedicated server, on the off chance it does log in, it says ive left the game on others screen but it desyncs me and i fall through the floor or cant open boxes etc, ive done the port forwarding and it still didnt help. im lost on what to do.

ive also done this too 

2 minutes ago, CubanCaffery said:

how do i get the log from my side since its only affecting me, im also not the host

I mean a log file from you and the server, this is a server you are running right? Or did I misread that (quite possible lol)? Your log files are in %appdata%/7daystodie/logs and the server log should be in the main directory. Upload those to pastebin or something similar 

10 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

I mean a log file from you and the server, this is a server you are running right? Or did I misread that (quite possible lol)? Your log files are in %appdata%/7daystodie/logs and the server log should be in the main directory. Upload those to pastebin or something similar 

did this work?

3 minutes ago, CubanCaffery said:

Without seeing what's going on in the server log, it appears that the server is busted, you're losing connection in the middle of connecting (I suspect this as a conjecture from seeing your client attempting to keep sending messages to the server, so the server looks to be dropping the connection first). You may want to poke customer support and ask them to take a look at the box

Just now, Jugginator said:

Without seeing what's going on in the server log, it appears that the server is busted, you're losing connection in the middle of connecting (I suspect this as a conjecture from seeing your client attempting to keep sending messages to the server, so the server looks to be dropping the connection first). You may want to poke customer support and ask them to take a look at the box

ok thank you, would it be easier to just delete my character and start again?