If there aren't multiple endings....

Atrimislegnacra

Multiple endings?  There aren't *any* endings.  This isn't a story/quest driven game like Skyrim or Fallout where you are on a mission of somekind.  This is entirely "stay alive as long as possible, be as creative as you want to be" driven. 

Maybe, eventually, TFP will implement an "end game" of some sort, but 7DtD is a truly *open* world, *open ended* game.

Any story line will 1) only be in Navesgane, 2) not have an actual ending.

They could make a generic story that can fit RWG but it doesn't sound like they are going to do that, so you are likely to only get a story in Navesgane.  And because this game is meant to last as long as the player wants, there won't be an ending like waking up in an asylum because that would force players to stop playing at that point.  Instead, it'll just be something like befriending one of the factions and learning about what happened to the world... something that will not end the game but just end the story that they put into it.

3 hours ago, Riamus said:

They could make a generic story that can fit RWG but it doesn't sound like they are going to do that, so you are likely to only get a story in Navesgane.  And because this game is meant to last as long as the player wants, there won't be an ending like waking up in an asylum because that would force players to stop playing at that point.  Instead, it'll just be something like befriending one of the factions and learning about what happened to the world... something that will not end the game but just end the story that they put into it.

Iirc the plan was for us to "finish" the story by taking down one of the faction leaders after aligning with their opposition. I forget if it is supposed to continue on Minecraft style afterwards or not. Probably but /shrug.

On 6/28/2023 at 8:26 PM, Evil_Geoff said:

Multiple endings?  There aren't *any* endings.  This isn't a story/quest driven game like Skyrim or Fallout where you are on a mission of somekind.  This is entirely "stay alive as long as possible, be as creative as you want to be" driven. 

Maybe, eventually, TFP will implement an "end game" of some sort, but 7DtD is a truly *open* world, *open ended* game.

While they may have changed since, there was a time when The Fun Pimps did say there would be a story with an ending that you got by defeating the "Duke of Navsgane" I was only suggesting something that would be fun/funny since there is no sleep mechanic (and yes, I know TFP didn't add one because it makes things complicated with multiplayer. Also, while the didn't state it, I assume the fact that by default zombies are faster (stronger too?) at night, they didn't want you to just skip the harder part od the game. I mean I'm sure there is programming to stop a sleep mode during horde nights.)

On 6/28/2023 at 11:10 PM, Riamus said:

I mean Fallout games have an ending, but you're not required to actually complete it. Frankly I can't think of a single game that doesn't have some sort of ending that can be ignored in favor of playing/gathering/crafting/surviving. Maybe Icarus because of the time limit on missions, but if it has an ending, Like The Forest/Sons of the Forest, Subnautuca, Raft, etc, nothing forces you to complete the game.