Is The Water Purifier Mod supposed to = Unlimited drinking water?

NotOnly25

On 6/25/2023 at 4:42 AM, Kostriktor said:

armor needs more code anyways.
its dead as it is.
see what other games have to offer; rechargeable battery-packs for all your functional-gear such as flashlights.
durability on armor-plates inserted.
backpacks !!
what does 7dtd have ? jiggling tits

so your water-purifier should have a durability: that filter surely wont be good forever.

Why, so they can nerf battery drop rates too and make it so we can't have vehicles?

Yep. It completely breaks the water scarcity concept, and it never ever wears out. No item mod ever does (infinite water filter, infinite flashlight batteries, infinite suppressor life span, etc.) I don't think the game has the capability to have an item mod have a durability rating that can wear down. It is part of what makes item mods extremely powerful.

22 hours ago, OneManStanding said:

I think, given the change to the water system, that the water purifier mod should maybe be removed. Me and a buddy just stood there and passed it between each other to drink from streams in the desert biome. I think glass jars in A19 and A20 made it redundant as water was so easy to get, but in A21 where water is supposed to be scarcer this completely removes any difficulty whatsoever as you can just scoop water by hand. Even if you want the space in your helmet for another mod, just keep the water purifier in your bike or backpack and swap it in when you need to. 100 points of over-hydration is absolutely no problem.

Exactly this. I've was watching someones video the other day and they were very much mid game (past day 30), but they made a water source at their base with a bucket, throw that mod in their helmet and just over hydrate and save their water for crafting glue. 

But definitely finding this early game feels like it breaks the balance of water being an issue, like you said even in MP you can just pass it between your group until you're all massively over hydrated. 

I've said before, it's a non issue for me personally because I'll just use restraint and pretend it doesn't exist in my saves, but I'm just glad to see that someone else sees it as a bit broken, I was starting to think I was going crazy for having that opinion hahaha