Modded knife, but something went wrong)))

So I wanted to mod the knife a small bit adding following lines:

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeWpnBladeT1HuntingKnife']/property[@name='RepairTools']/@value">resourceScrapIron</set>
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeWpnBladeT1HuntingKnife']/effect_group[@name='meleeWpnBladeT1HuntingKnife']/passive_effect[@name='EntityDamage']/@value">7.1</set>

But something went really wrong))))

My knife now produces 100+ dmg per shot for whatever reason where it should be way less As I increased the base damage by 1, from 6.1 to 7.1 just to make a bit more difference from the bone knife. Any clues why did this happen? Maybe the repair resource matters, but it absolutely should not...

And yes, the eternal question of making Tier 6 items craft-able... I want to ban all items higher than tier 1 from vending and loot, also ban foods and drinks except from murky and bottled water, so I'll have to crop and prepare foods. Generally ban everything except from basic and low grade resources in small quantities. So you'll have to hunt/mine/crop and craft. Looting made the game way too flawed for myself. And I also added receipts for weapons/tools 'parts', but it is expensive, like 15 iron ingots per part.

@Vampirenostra

It's changing multiple entries:

<effect_group name="meleeWpnBladeT1HuntingKnife">
        <passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_set" value="6.1" tags="perkDeepCuts,knife"/> <!-- meleeWpnBladeT1HuntingKnife -->
        <passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value="-.15,.15" tags="perkDeepCuts"/> <!-- random EntityDmg -->
        <passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value=".1,.5" tier="2,6" tags="perkDeepCuts"/> <!-- tier bonus -->
    </effect_group>

So not only your base damage got a boost, but the two multipliers went from -.15 to 15, and 0.2 to 0.5 to 7.1 multipliers

Change your line to

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeWpnBladeT1HuntingKnife']/effect_group/passive_effect[contains(@name,'EntityDamage') and contains(@operation,'base_add')]/@value">7.1</set>

Edit:  Also note that this would change your power attack damage (from 6 to 7.1).  If you don't want to change it, add the name in the effect group.  I grabbed my example from the pipe machine gun in my mod which doesn't have a power affect effect group so it didn't affect anything in there.

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

@Vampirenostra

It's changing multiple entries:

<effect_group name="meleeWpnBladeT1HuntingKnife">
        <passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_set" value="6.1" tags="perkDeepCuts,knife"/> <!-- meleeWpnBladeT1HuntingKnife -->
        <passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value="-.15,.15" tags="perkDeepCuts"/> <!-- random EntityDmg -->
        <passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value=".1,.5" tier="2,6" tags="perkDeepCuts"/> <!-- tier bonus -->
    </effect_group>

So not only your base damage got a boost, but the two multipliers went from -.15 to 15, and 0.2 to 0.5 to 7.1 multipliers

Change your line to

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeWpnBladeT1HuntingKnife']/effect_group/passive_effect[contains(@name,'EntityDamage') and contains(@operation,'base_add')]/@value">7.1</set>

Edit:  Also note that this would change your power attack damage (from 6 to 7.1).  If you don't want to change it, add the name in the effect group.  I grabbed my example from the pipe machine gun in my mod which doesn't have a power affect effect group so it didn't affect anything in there.

Thanks for the info, but your line only buffs the power attack damage... have to keep searching...

@Vampirenostra

That is because I have the wrong operation

base_add should be base_set

base_add is used on ranged weapons since the damage is based on the ammo while melee weapons don't have ammo so they would set the damage.  Sorry about that, I missed that difference (and since I was at work, I couldn't check it live)

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

12 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

@Vampirenostra

That is because I have the wrong operation

base_add should be base_set

base_add is used on ranged weapons since the damage is based on the ammo while melee weapons don't have ammo so they would set the damage.  Sorry about that, I missed that difference (and since I was at work, I couldn't check it live)

Oh... so that's where it takes the base dmg from! FCUK! Now I get it!