Stocks for Pistols

hiemfire

Please add to the "Retracting Stock" weapon mod, in addition to the current effect the mod has, the ability to attach to non-SMG pistols with the effect that the pistol they are attached to gains a boost to stability while aiming instead of the current hipfire effect.
    Stocked "pistols", and more recently their post manufacture addon equivalent, are something that have been around for a couple hundred years at least and I think it would make sense for someone to cludge up one in a post apocalyptic situation if they held a preference to the lower power cartridges but still want to improve the stability of the weapon when used. Using the existing weapon mod to do this is intended to not add more items to the loot table. Adding a pistols only stock would also work, even though the thought of the resulting nudges to rng to slot it into the loot tables makes me cringe.

Example of historical versions (links are to the website pages due to some of them not allowing or altering direct links to the images, most are to auction sites and are of finished auctions)

Examples of modernish versions (Image links only)

Spoiler

Aftermarket example for Glocks

GlockStockEBAY4_grande.jpg?v=1512416385

3799092_01_glock_shoulder_stock_640.jpg

KPOS-Glock-3.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

Edited by hiemfire
Fixed name of which mod I'd like it to affect from the non-existent "Collapsing Stock" to the existent "Retracting Stock". edit 2: "Stability" not "Accuracy". (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

If you like, I can create a modlet to do what you want.  Just let me know (I know it is not exactly what you are asking, but an option if TFP don't implement your suggestion)

I'll definitely keep your offer in mind if they don't implement it, so thank you. Personally I'm waiting to mod the game till after I've had chance to play the finished game. Keeps me from mixing up what is and isn't in vanilla as well as keeps me from getting used to something I've added being there that ends up being broken by an update to an indev game.