7 days to die object reference not set to an instance of an object

umora

We decided to come back here with friends and play 7 days to die , but the trouble is , as soon as I went in and tried to create a character , I had a bug playing and I couldn 't create it , after I tried all the methods , namely , cleaned all the saves , cache and settings in the game via launcher , I was able to create a character , but I couldn 't go to a friend on the server , as a result , after 2 hour visits to the server , I decided to report here he is , the progress of the game , for the first time I encountered an error in this game , I already want to tell the developers that they are professionals . I hate this fuss by type , go to the forum , oh yes , you haven 't registered yet , buzz . in general , if there are any other suggestions about the error 7 days to die object reference not set to an instance of an object , then I will wait for an answer

okay , you got angry and that 's enough , as it turned out , if you went to a friend 's server with this error , then even if you clear all the data about yourself , the server will remember your error and you will not log in in any way , so you will have to create a new world for a friend and go to him , but it 's better to check through your world first And then check with a friend how I did it

You posted in the console section. If you're on a PC platform needing support, go to the correct section.  It's not hard to view a forum, and see the separate sections.

I'm seriously questioning the validity of this entire thread though. It looks like pre-loaded mumbo jumbo posted before it is later edited and the spam links are dropped in. 

If you want help, do it right. If you're a spammer, excpect to get your justly deserved ban when the content drops.

funny fact , after creating a new game server on it for 7 hours , my friend got exactly the same error . Thank you for your wonderful update , what 's there when you add 21 Alpha , 2 more years later , a few more centuries and we will reach the release . In addition , just so by the way , I will also say that , you really think that the players , not in the trash to understand your site and write in a non - native language , mm , you really shine . Wrong forum , hmm , epilopithecus will ban you

Edited by umora (see edit history)

On 4/1/2023 at 11:33 AM, umora said:

, if there are any other suggestions about the error 7 days to die object reference not set to an instance of an object , then I will wait for an answer

Unfortunately, nobody can tell you what to do with that error message as it can apply to so many different issues.  Without a logfile (that ST was pointing you to the General Support section) which instructs you to post a logfile of client and server so we can understand what issue you are seeing.  That is like telling a mechanic your check engine light has come on and asking what you need to do to fix it.

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, umora said:

In general, you can no longer worry, the problem is solved, ALT + f4 , delete the game and return in 2 years, when there may be a release , but this is not for sure

Nice attitude really.  People are willing to help you solve this issue, as others are playing the game without issues.  But you have to be willing to follow instructions and accept help, or you can just quit the game out of frustration when something goes wrong.

I will be perfectly honest with you, I wasn't worrying at all.  Sure, if you posted the logfiles, I (and several others that frequently visit the General Support section) would gladly go through them to try and figure out the issue that you and your friend are seeing on your end, so you can enjoy playing the same game I enjoy playing.  But if your response on a game still in development is just to delete it without figuring out what is going on in your setup, then nobody can help you.

• 2 weeks later...