Suggestion: Large mobile home/Campers/Driveable Rvs

CptComplex

I love the idea of moveable player homes for many reasons. But i thought of it after seeing a stationary camper behind a new POI, It would be awesome if you can either find, create, Or design your own drivable home. If you want simplicity just like a LARGE craftable RV one size fits all. OR if you wanna go for it, allow players to have to place manually each and every aspect for their own RV, making it the size they desire. spacer.png

1 hour ago, CptComplex said:

I love the idea of moveable player homes for many reasons. But i thought of it after seeing a stationary camper behind a new POI, It would be awesome if you can either find, create, Or design your own drivable home. If you want simplicity just like a LARGE craftable RV one size fits all. OR if you wanna go for it, allow players to have to place manually each and every aspect for their own RV, making it the size they desire. spacer.png

Considering most players stick to the motorcycle rather than the 4x4 because it's far easier to maneuver over the various terrain without getting hung up on things, I'm not sure that an even larger vehicle is going to be used by very many people.  Besides, even in the bigger RVs out there today, you're not going to have space for a forge and cement mixer and workbench and science station (and dew collectors in the next release).  If you wanted all that to be mobile, you'd want to use a semi trailer.  And besides, a vehicle isn't going to offer the kind of defense you'd want for a base.  Also, I doubt they want it possible to drive your entire base up to a POI so you can run it and go out to the base to unload as you scrap every single thing in the base, only to drive to the next and repeat without having to go to the base or trader at a distance to unload.  It is an interesting idea, though.

I prefer the motorcycle, but I use the 4x4 as a mobile base when I play nomadic. Pull up to a location, deploy workstations, then drive the motorcycle around to missions, or to scout the map.

A mobile home with even more storage would be cool. A mobile home where I could carry active crafting stations would be even more awesome. Then I wouldn't have to empty a forge before picking up and moving on. I could leave bullets crafting while I moved my base. If we're dreaming and wanted to go even further, being able to slot solar panels and wire up some stuff would be cool too.

But today, I just pack that stuff up and move it all in the 4x4 when I'm ready to relocate to another settlement. I often leave behind a little shack with boxes and maybe a cache of supplies that I don't have room to transport.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

If you can have a mobile meth lab in an rv surely we can do the same in 7d2d. :)

I would love a modular system like they use in Rust. That would be super cool, or give you the ability to attach a trailer for additional crafting station storage