Padded Armour Is Best In Game

edyonline

14 hours ago, theFlu said:

For me, the armor difference is so small that any reasonable weakness on leather is pretty much always too much. Add the quality difference and mods and Padded will win.

One option might be to make them .. "conditionally different". For example, take away the ability to put pockets in Padded. That way, if you want to haul plenty of stuff around, you're better off in leathers. If you want max speed in light loads, padded. Makes no sense logically, but it would at least make it a decision.

I did that in my modded game, removed the ability to mod any lower tier equipment (so no mods on pipe weapons, stone weapons, padded or scrap armor).  It does push you towards the second tier equipment rather than hanging onto the lower tier gear until you find the final tiers.

I also modded out the ability to get the lower tier gear above Q2.

3 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

I did that in my modded game,

Yeh, I remember you describing it earlier.. I don't hate it, but I also kinda like how Padded remains a viable alternative all the way to high level military stuff. Taking away some of the early/mid game power via the pocket mods wouldn't really hurt that; if you really want it in late game, you could spec for pack mule.

Your way is more likely to please a game designer, for sure .. :)

49 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Yeh, I remember you describing it earlier.. I don't hate it, but I also kinda like how Padded remains a viable alternative all the way to high level military stuff. Taking away some of the early/mid game power via the pocket mods wouldn't really hurt that; if you really want it in late game, you could spec for pack mule.

Your way is more likely to please a game designer, for sure .. :)

You can also just block the pocket mods if you want to, just need to create a new tag for the blocked mods variable (say noPockets) and then add that to the padded armor tags in the items.  Then you can use the other mods, but not the pocket ones.

That's something I really like about this game, the ability to fine tune things to how you want to play it.  I tend to go with bigger changes first, then scale them back if they are not working like I thought they would.