Weather Fog

Akota

Can someone point me to the xml file that has fog in it? I know there is a console command "weather fog 0" but that is for solo game and works great. We want to set the fog to 0 on a server, so it would need to be changed in server files. thanks for any help

On 2/21/2023 at 12:38 PM, Akota said:

Can someone point me to the xml file that has fog in it? I know there is a console command "weather fog 0" but that is for solo game and works great. We want to set the fog to 0 on a server, so it would need to be changed in server files. thanks for any help

I'm not 100% sure of this anymore... but

1. "worldglobal.xml" has some fog settings, and teh one you likely care about is "fogPower" but I believe the settings for it both default to '1', which ( ooddly enough) I believe means "visibility" , and "1" is 100%... so "no fog at the global world level.

2. The other place fog is defined is in the "biomes.xml" file. There is some documentation in that file ( search for "fog" and read comments), but essentially each biome has its own weather probabilities, and "fog" is set for each biome ( basically... it might not be set in all biomes).  so here you want to turn the fog "off" (min and max values set to 0) or make its probability "0" in every biome definition.

I believe the "worldglobal.xml" fog value is a "persistent fog" and the "biomes.xml" fog is "biome and weather dependent, based on probabilities", which adds to the fog in worldglobal.xml value