How do I get a Trader to behave correctly on a custom map?

AH64_Jimbo

@Tallman Brad @paulj_3

You guys seem to be the map Gurus, so I have a question about a map that I am modifying;

I have modified a vanilla-generated map to include a new Trader Bob as part of a new 'town' (Really an airport, which you could check out here) with some of my own custom POIs. Everything seemed to be working fine during playtesting until moving up to Tier 2 quests with this Trader Bob specifically.

Inevitably, at some point when trying to get a Tier 2+ quest or trying to turn one in, I won't be able to talk to Trader Bob and instead get this error;

2023-02-03T11:02:58 529.609 ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group 'radial':
2023-02-03T11:02:58 529.613 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

More details on that error in this post

Sometimes Trader Bob works fine, and I have even been able to play through quests for my own custom POIs, but Bob always throws that error sooner or later. I cannot figure out for the life of me how to fix this.

Question is, Do I need to do anything special to my POIs or map files in order to get the new Trader Bob to get them to work correctly?

Edited by AH64_Jimbo (see edit history)

• AH64_Jimbo changed the title to How do I get a Trader to behave correctly on a custom map?

I figured it out!

Some of my "remnant" POIs had leftover QuestTags data in the XML files. Must have happened when I was doing some copy and pasting. Once I knew what to look for (which took and excruciatingly long time to find!) it was a simple matter of correcting the XML files. After that, everything seems to work just peachy. 

Thanks again for your help! Your tutorials on YouTube are fantastic, by the way!