When Port Forwarding is not an option

Cluster

Hi Everyone,

So I am trying to run a "7 Days to Die Dedicated Server" for this beloved game which I have installed via Steam, however players are not able to connect they get CONNECTION TO SERVER FAILED Could not retrieve server information. I have also installed the full game on that PC and when I start a new game players can join via Steam but that option is not available for the 7 Days to Die Dedicated Server or am I missing something?

I was just wondering if someone can possibly suggest solution to a problem I have which is that due to my ISP where they don't allow port forwarding. I have tried using "ngrok" but did not work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

On 1/6/2023 at 7:43 AM, Beelzybub said:

Enable SteamNetworking in the serverconfig.xml.

Hi Beelzybub, thank for replying. If you mean by removing SteamNetworking from like so <property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols"    value=""/>? If yes I did that but no joy.

I don't understand how an ISP can control your port forwarding since it's your router that controls that part, unless you're just using their junk modem / router they supply to you in which case, there's often a way to get in there and make some basic changes.

Edited by Fox (see edit history)