Null Error

Jadedeyez

Summary: (a short description of the bug) was trying to log into my community server i play on and server was being restarted and i got an object reference not set to an instance of an object null exception error .

Game Version: (A18 b155 / A18.1 bxxx / etc) A20.6 b9

Platform: (PC / Mac) PC

OS/Version: (Windows / Linux / Mac) windows

CPU Model: (Intel i5 9600K / AMD Ryzen 7 1800x / etc)  Intel Core i7 8700K @ 3.70GHz   

System Memory: (4 GB / 8 GB / 16 GB / etc) 64.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1332MHz 

GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 1060 4 GB / AMD RX 580 8 GB / etc) 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 

Screen Resolution: (width and height) 16x9

Video Settings: (Low / Medium / High / Ultra / Custom (Custom has many combinations, so just list the settings you think are relevant to the bug if any)) custom

Game mode: (MP host / MP client / SP / Client on dedi, RWG or NAV) client on dedi rwg

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes/No) yes

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) yes 

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) yes

Are you using any mods? (Yes/No) yes

EAC on or off? off for undead legacy mod server

Bug Description: NullReferenceException object reference not assigned to an object ... was trying to log into my community server i play on and server was being restarted and i got an object reference not set to an instance of an object null exception error .

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) logged while server was turned off

2)

3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring) get null reference and i never fully log in .. the admins of the server can see i log in but i dont fully register in game. i have a invalid position 0.0, 0.0, 0.0

Expected result: (what you expect to occur) a successful log in ?

https://pastebin.com/cA0ar3bP

This is almost exactly the same situation I just went through. (see thread Player can't log on to server. ) It was a corrupted profile on the server. My player kept getting a null reference to a block texture. He also was shown @ 0,0,0. Deleting his files cleared the path. In his case, he was a new player, so loss of level didn't matter. It sounds like you may have to use the admin commands to restore your level.

i def wasnt a new player but we deleted the profile on the server and on my end 3 times... i am thinking the chunk is corrupt that i was spawning in but the admin cant move me so i cant join that server but i can join my bf's server... really need help this is frustrating :(

It sure looks like a corrupted player profile on the server. Be sure to ask the admin whether he deleted all 3 files associated with your EOS number. If you want to save him some time, copy your EOS number from the log that you posted and there should be 3 files with that EOS number in the current map save folder:  .map, .tpp and .tpp.bak files. The location of those files on a dedicated server is:  Saves/"whatever Territory the current map is named"/"folder labeled with the current seed"/Player. If you've been on that server for a while, maybe he deleted your profile from a previous seed by accident???