Console Question

maxousara

4 hours ago, Roland said:

Question for Roland about console. (Sorry but the forum where i try to write is locked.) Do you know if we Will have the option for choose the number of zombie during horde night because we're stuck on 8 zombies on the old version and i would like have this options on the New game and what is the maximum preview ? thanks.

52 minutes ago, maxousara said:

Question for Roland about console. (Sorry but the forum where i try to write is locked.) Do you know if we Will have the option for choose the number of zombie during horde night because we're stuck on 8 zombies on the old version and i would like have this options on the New game and what is the maximum preview ? thanks.

You can ask console questions in this forum—Console General Discussions. 

I don’t know and I doubt TFP knows yet either. It all depends on the limitations imposed by the consoles. They will try to make the game as equal as possible to the PC version. It’s too early to know particulars of what will be in and what will be out (if anything). 

Here's my two cents. I really hope TFP forget about back porting to the older consoles (PS4/XB1), especially if they want to have cross-play between console and PC in order to have both platforms be somewhat on par with one another close as possible. I feel that the last gen consoles will hold back the new consoles due to hardware limitations (CPU/RAM) since they will need to keep the lowest denominator in mind unless the older consoles will be its own separate port without cross-play functionality then...Idk? With that being said, I'm no software engineer or game developer, but I feel that those older consoles will hold back the new consoles if they decided to go down that route because those weak AMD Jaguar CPUs in the PS4/XB1 are pretty bad by today's standards and were already outdated tech when those consoles launched back in 2013. I also understand that PC is and always will be more powerful than these new consoles depending on the build you have, but if TFP really want to reach their goal of having cross-play between console and PC without as much hardware limitations, then I say for them to solely focus on the PS5/XBS ports since those machines have much more capable Ryzen Zen 2 CPUs and RAM in them.

2 hours ago, II Blittz II said:

Here's my two cents. I really hope TFP forget about back porting to the older consoles (PS4/XB1), especially if they want to have cross-play between console and PC in order to have both platforms be somewhat on par with one another close as possible. I feel that the last gen consoles will hold back the new consoles due to hardware limitations (CPU/RAM) since they will need to keep the lowest denominator in mind unless the older consoles will be its own separate port without cross-play functionality then...Idk? With that being said, I'm no software engineer or game developer, but I feel that those older consoles will hold back the new consoles if they decided to go down that route because those weak AMD Jaguar CPUs in the PS4/XB1 are pretty bad by today's standards and were already outdated tech when those consoles launched back in 2013. I also understand that PC is and always will be more powerful than these new consoles depending on the build you have, but if TFP really want to reach their goal of having cross-play between console and PC without as much hardware limitations, then I say for them to solely focus on the PS5/XBS ports since those machines have much more capable Ryzen Zen 2 CPUs and RAM in them.

Porting it back to old consoles is a pipe dream anyway in my opinion, and the longer it takes for the PC game to finish the less likely it is that they will even try it. Currently it looks like 2024 will be the year of release and then the PS5 will already be at half of its projected life time (if we ignore corona effects) and PS4 above 10 years of age.