For a 1000+ hr player you get kind of bored with the gameplay loop. I made 6 mod changes that made the game feel new again

warmer

2 hours ago, Blake_ said:

So your name is Lazman and you don't want to revisit every POI to do the change. Got it. Lol.

Jokes aside, it doesn't really matter, as blocked doors don't need to have a key, and we can break everything. It's exactly like asking for Bananas. Please implement bananas in farming, they are very nutritious and an important source of food. They can be on the edge of the forest/desert areas and they can be balanced to only give 10, 20 each week, like a workstation. The point is, bananas would be as useless as pickable doors because there are quite a bit of actions that give the exact same result design-wise. In the banana case we have lots of varieties, and in the 'picking door locks' case we've got lots of "breaking points", exploding points, 'chainsawable' points, nerd poling from outside the next window,  etc etc.

It does matter.  You guys will have to just trust the designers on this one.  We have watched enough POI playthroughs to see how disorienting / confused players can get when they decide to break through a door despite the path of least resistance.  It usually results in them getting lost, lots of doubling backing, sleepers not spawning correctly, etc.

It may seem futile given the world is fully destructable where the player can plow a hole anywhere they like.  However, I feel we are doing pretty well creating fun/memorable experiences despite that.

I'd like to add that most people would probably prefer level design add more T4/T5 POIs then revisit all existing POIs just to add lock picking to the vanilla game.

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

It does matter.  You guys will have to just trust the designers on this one.  We have watched enough POI playthroughs to see how disorienting / confused players can get when they decide to break through a door despite the path of least resistance.  It usually results in them getting lost, lots of doubling backing, sleepers not spawning correctly, etc.

It may seem futile given the world is fully destructable where the player can plow a hole anywhere they like.  However, I feel we are doing pretty well creating fun/memorable experiences despite that.

I'd like to add that most people would probably prefer level design add more T4/T5 POIs then revisit all existing POIs just to add lock picking to the vanilla game.

You are correct and I totally agree, though I do not condemn the other way of thinking, as it is doable, though with too much work vs so little gameplay value. As a result, and seing as this was the way TFP chose, I was always a supporter for hashtag metoonodoors pick-able because of the borked POI exploring  results and general confusion. Even without them, confusion CAN happen. I've seen it happen in "not so newbie" players.  Now, there is always mods for many things. My tastes are vanilla flavour, but others might prefer more arcade and painfully unbalanced mods.

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)