Strobe option for lights in base building

Riamus

I've suggested lighting options before, such as colors in base building, not just in POI editing.  I wanted to suggest one more lighting option.

A "strobe" option such that the light will turn on and off at intervals.  This can be in two forms - instant on and off or ramp on and ramp off.  Ideally, this is available in current lighting, but also with red and yellow lights as those are good ones for a strobe effect.  The player could edit the light after creation and set an interval for the strobe... Perhaps in half second intervals, as well as instant on/off or ramp on/off.

I'd also like to have as part of this the ability to set each light individually with a time before turning on after receiving power.  I want to light up an airstrip with runway lights that will start at one end and move toward the other in a "wave".  Light 1 comes on, 1 second later light two comes on, a second later, light 3 comes on and light 1 turns off, and that continues to the end and repeats. With the strobe effect mentioned already, this will already work but only adding a delay on each individual light after receiving power similar to how triggers work.  The initial delay would trigger when power is applied and would then keep the same interval between lights from that point on with the strobe effect.

An alternative would be a special relay that allows on and off on a timer, perhaps with ramping as an option.  Note that this isn't the same as the current timer relay that just is on between two times.  It would be one that can go on and off every X seconds.

Not sure if they will add to vanilla game as it could probably trigger people with epilepsy. I know players with it don't have to add them to their base but if someone else has it on their base it could affect them.

I have even seen posts of people wanting to be able to turn off the lightning on horde nights as they fear it will trigger a seizure.

Maybe it could be modded.

Just to note that the POI lights can already flicker and turn on and off and some do, though not many of them.  This would just allow it to be added to the base (with slight modification as described).  For people with epilepsy, this really isn't the best game for them and I'm a little surprised there isn't an epilepsy warning on start, though I have epilepsy that has not affected me since I was young and I still play and anyone else who wants to play can certainly do so. 

I'll point out that the effect I'm suggesting isn't a flickering and quickly flashing light that would be likely to trigger someone with epilepsy.  I am suggesting something similar to a light on a plow truck or the lights on a sign that show direction by lighting the lights in the direction indicated, one after another, like I described for my runway lights.  Lights going on and off at once per second or less often (even half second) are not typically the type of lighting that will trigger epilepsy, though some may be affected by that and if they are, they aren't likely to be playing this game because many things would trigger them if they were that sensitive.

Archived