NullReferenceException On ALPHA 20.6(b9) Windows 10 Multiplayer on Dedicated Servers

DelirioSugarme

Keep having troubles with 7 days to die. No one is answering my posts, so frustrating.

Summary: I cannot play on servers because on the console pops up the error "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". This happens just after downloading the world (if needed) and after pressing the "continue" button that every server has.

Game Version: A 20.6 (b9)

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 10 x64

CPU Model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz   3.00 GHz

System Memory: 12gb ram

GPU Model and VRAM: NVIDIA GEFORCE 1050TI

** Form wont let me upload image link so I paste it here :  https://ibb.co/fCZJszN

Based on your first post, your player profile is corrupted on the server. I can't say why this happened, but it may be a mod conflict.

Copy your latest output log to pastebin.com and link it here. Maybe someone can spot the issue. If you can get the server output log

that would be very helpful as well.

On 9/13/2022 at 10:32 PM, Beelzybub said:

Based on your first post, your player profile is corrupted on the server. I can't say why this happened, but it may be a mod conflict.

Copy your latest output log to pastebin.com and link it here. Maybe someone can spot the issue. If you can get the server output log

that would be very helpful as well.

It´s strange because I´ve done nothing but the last windows update. Also it wont let me play on any server that I was playing before. Maybe something about save files? My friends keeps playing on the server, just me having this problem

Last logs on pastebin (they are very diferent, both wouldn't let me play) :

https://pastebin.com/1ZDzhYEj

https://pastebin.com/8P75qRZe

Edited by DelirioSugarme (see edit history)

16 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

Just a guess but your EliteZombies mod was never updated for A20. And your errors look like entity/model errors.

So I'd start by getting rid of that.

Thank you so much, I'm gonna try that. But still I wonder why my friends aren't having this same issue, we all used to play together on the same server

There are a lot of connection issues with that server in your log. The ports needed by LiteNetLib are failing and your connection is defaulting to SteamNetworking.

Steamnetworking adds more latency to the connection and can cause corruption on a slow computer (yours). The server owner should set up port forwarding correctly

to fix this. I'm only guessing but your log appears to show profile corruption on the server as well, which the server owner would have to fix by deleting your profile.

Also, you're running a bunch of Mods. No one can determine the cause of your issue except you or the modders that made them. If you get rid of them, and connect to a vanilla server, and then have an issue, we can help find the issue.

Is the server you are connecting to modded?

On 9/15/2022 at 9:45 PM, Beelzybub said:

There are a lot of connection issues with that server in your log. The ports needed by LiteNetLib are failing and your connection is defaulting to SteamNetworking.

Steamnetworking adds more latency to the connection and can cause corruption on a slow computer (yours). The server owner should set up port forwarding correctly

to fix this. I'm only guessing but your log appears to show profile corruption on the server as well, which the server owner would have to fix by deleting your profile.

Also, you're running a bunch of Mods. No one can determine the cause of your issue except you or the modders that made them. If you get rid of them, and connect to a vanilla server, and then have an issue, we can help find the issue.

Is the server you are connecting to modded?

I have erased all mods from "Mods" folder. The folder still there but empty:

1- Attempting Moded Server again : https://pastebin.com/c8SBcdhz

2- Vanilla Server: https://pastebin.com/4qUs6Y1j

Both servers show corrupted player profiles. The server owners will need to delete your profiles from their servers.

You may have bad profile data on your machine causing these issues, so I'd suggest cleaning any old saves, and your

local player data using the Launcher/Clean menu. If you have a sp save you want to keep, move it out of your saves folder

to your desktop temporarily to see if that is the problem.

After cleaning data, don't start the game. Verify files twice through Steam. Then try again.

clean game data.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2022 at 5:43 PM, Beelzybub said:

Both servers show corrupted player profiles. The server owners will need to delete your profiles from their servers.

You may have bad profile data on your machine causing these issues, so I'd suggest cleaning any old saves, and your

local player data using the Launcher/Clean menu. If you have a sp save you want to keep, move it out of your saves folder

to your desktop temporarily to see if that is the problem.

After cleaning data, don't start the game. Verify files twice through Steam. Then try again.

clean game data.jpg

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
Sorry about the time has passed, grandma fighting last fase of cáncer.

Cleaning game data has worked so far, I just connected today to both a vanilla and a modded server, no problems at all. But I think this may happen again after playing once more on the stream server, they have similar mods, maybe is that idk.

Thank you so much for your time, It´s nice to play 7d2d again

Edited by DelirioSugarme (see edit history)