Rentable Vending Machines

Dark_Shadow_231

In an entirely co-operative pve game.

Regarding the rentable vending machines inside the trader, are they worth using?

I'm aware you can sell things from them, that are bought by invisible NPCs, but given you can just sell to the trader, is it actually worth it?

There's an upfront cost, and a delay before you get cash from what you sell. Given that, there needs to be a higher margin than what the trader pays. Do you get that?

It's only worthwhile in multiplayer, and even then most people would buy them and build their own shop.  Of course this is kind of a weird thing since they don't support enough players for this to be useful anymore.  Multiplayer features without the support to use said items.  Hilarious.

the concept was/is to have players rent them to sell items to other players instead of the trader. the so-called invisible buyer is merely there to keep the inventory from piling up and being stagnant. no i dont think everything gets sold (or maybe it does i dont know as i play SP so no need for them for me), but we didnt want them to just sit there and rot away if players didnt buy anything.

any point, its not the worth but the convenience of community interaction if present or building/buying their own and then allowing other players to their area to interact with them. and then there is the part that there is no closed aspect to deal with (for those out and about at night).

everything has a reason/purpose and not everything has to be used. its all about having different options and making decisions. :)

(i think.... i dont know.... i cant decide)

Archived