Error connecting to a dedicated server

ProAleX68

Maybe the server config file is missing two new lines added in 20.4. Read about it here:  https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/28529-alpha-204-stable/?do=findComment&comment=482603

If this isn't the issue:

Please follow the instructions in https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/19837-known-issues-in-alpha-20/ and https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/3956-how-to-report-an-issue-please-read-before-creating-new-threads/

Specifically, if you don't find your problem in the known issues, post your whole logfile (client and server preferably) as described in the second link.

• 5 weeks later...

I started having the same problem with my dedicated server (running on Linux with LinuxGSM) a couple of weeks ago. I had to enable SteamNetworking in the server config file to be able to connect to it again, even though my firewall port redirects haven't changed and used to work fine (all the way from 17.0 to and including 20.5), and I can manually connect through them, the 7Days client doesn't seem to be able to connect directly through it anymore. 

Seems to be connected to enabling the Epic Online Services as my log files are now filled with the following:

2022-07-31T11:14:51 147593.999 WRN [EOS] Attribute count: 63
2022-07-31T11:14:51 147593.999 ERR [EOS] Failed updating session on backend: NoConnection. From: UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Platform.EOS.SessionsHost:sessionUpdatedCallback (Epic.OnlineServices.Sessions.UpdateSessionCallbackInfo)
Platform.EOS.SessionsHost:commitSessionCallbackWrapper (Epic.OnlineServices.Sessions.UpdateSessionCallbackInfo)
Epic.OnlineServices.Sessions.SessionsInterface:OnUpdateSessionCallbackInternalImplementation (intptr)
Epic.OnlineServices.Platform.PlatformInterface:Tick ()
Platform.EOS.Api:Update ()
Platform.AbsPlatform:Update ()
Platform.PlatformManager:Update ()
GameManager:gmUpdate ()
GameManager:Update ()

and 

2022-07-31T11:14:52 147595.196 WRN [EOS] [LogEOS - Warning] Failed to connect to the backend. ServiceName=[EOSAuth], OperationName=[TokenGrant], Url=[<Redacted>]
2022-07-31T11:14:52 147595.439 ERR [EOS] [LogEOSAnalytics - Error] Unable to get the client client auth token. Last result: EOS_NoConnection.

Do you have an antivirus software on the server? This includes Windows Defender. Many times antivirus will block the EOS connections. You need to create exclusions in your antivirus for the game folder, same for your player pc and include the saves folder. Also, double check that the ports that you forwarded for the server are all still open using an online port scanner. I don’t trust that routers can do the right thing all of the time.

No antivirus, it's a Linux virtual machine that only runs this 7DTD server. Like I stated in my previous post, I have validated that my port forwarding work by connecting manually through them, it's just the 7 days client that doesn't seem to get through. Even locally on my network (behind my firewall), it won't directly connect to the server without SteamNetworking enabled anymore.