Game Version: Unknown Please help.

VelocityAus

Hello i have always normally setup servers super easy was going to be trying some mods with a new multiplayer server.
I encountered a problem seeing the description of my server it never showed up i noticed it said Game Version: Unknown i would believe it is related.

I have tried to uninstall the game and the server multiple times just run the vanilla server and game client and recently i even went to the lengths of deleting all of the reg files because i was thinking they should come back when you fresh install.

All of this has failed and i have even tried specifically selecting 20.5(b2) and it even shows that at the top of the screen on the right i do not understand how to fix this.

https://imgur.com/a/Fb4Sjbc

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem. Game version is 'Unknown', no text appears in the description box. I also get N/A where the server ping is shown.

I have port forwarding setup properly in the router and windows firewall.

Myself and others are still able to join my server, more of an annoyance than anything.

output log right after startup

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/gby2orrikxlrer6fm1hkg/output_log_dedi__2023-09-05__19-23-55.txt?rlkey=00suv3tzkgt83jyvus91xz56a&dl=0

On 9/6/2023 at 4:20 AM, meganoth said:

The logfile is not complete. I have not seen any problems in the part that is shown. Are all the mods updated for version 21.1?

Try to serve a vanilla game and if that one works the cause is likely one the mods or an imcompatibility between them.

I've tried running a vanilla server and I get the same result.

If by incomplete you mean the client log, here is it. Didn't know how to log it.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4u58nxvs1assq0fyoswj3/output_log_client__2023-09-09__13-04-24.txt?rlkey=r1xis487km4r1yd8vlnkkwugi&dl=0

I see a "WRN NET: Requesting rules from TCP (24.237.86.60:27000) failed due to connection problems (Timeout)" which may be the cause.

And I see that you have unknown sections "webmodules", "webusers" and "apitokens" in your serveradmin.xml. Is this stuff from a mod? Maybe you have too many relics of previous version or your mods and would need to use the game launcher and clear all configuration to get a clean state again. Maybe do this just before starting a new world.

On 9/9/2023 at 1:39 PM, meganoth said:

I see a "WRN NET: Requesting rules from TCP (24.237.86.60:27000) failed due to connection problems (Timeout)" which may be the cause.

And I see that you have unknown sections "webmodules", "webusers" and "apitokens" in your serveradmin.xml. Is this stuff from a mod? Maybe you have too many relics of previous version or your mods and would need to use the game launcher and clear all configuration to get a clean state again. Maybe do this just before starting a new world.

All the base files are vanilla. Only thing I did in serverdamin.xml was add myself as an admin through the in game console.

I've checked to make sure the port it's trying to connect to is open on the server machine through windows firewall. I also have port forwarding setup on my router.

Ok. The complaints about the section means you have been playing a newer version where apitokens and the other sections are part of the serveradmin.xml file and then moved back to an earlier versions.

Especially when you switch between major versions but sometimes also when you go **back** a few minor versions it could be beneficial to use the launcher to clean all configuration. It probably has nothing to do with your version not showing up, but who knows....? 

Is your server on the same network as your client PC? If yes, some routers have problems if you connect from inside that net to the external router address. Do the other players who connect from outside your network also see no version information?