No drilling machine, no drone... ?!

Khost

Hello. First of all sorry for my English, I use Google Translate :classic_ninja:

I've been playing the game for years in co-op (LAN server) with a friend and on our alpha 20 (which is updated every time) part of the year. We never saw a drill or drone as we passed gamestage 160 both. Whether in loot, among the various traders we found neither a plan to build one, nor a machine already ready for use. Moreover for tier 5 quests we only have the choice between skyscrapers 01 / 02 / 03 never others.

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem? Or a piece of advice to have a chance of looting a drone or a drill because it's getting long.... We are day 83, I don't know if this has an impact. I could use creative mode to give us some, but that would be cheating. 😅

Thank you in advance to the members who can help me and again sorry for my English, hoping to be understandable all the same.

That is the usual randomness of loot. The only sure way to get those items is creative mode.

A way to increase your chances would be to select hardware stores and similar POIs for quests. The big hardware store is tier 4 I think (and you probably already know that you can select lower tier quests with the A20 trader, right?)

Have you tried other traders as well for different tier5 quests? You should go to a trader near a big town and see what buildings he has to offer. Are you playing a pregenerated world or have you generated one yourself?

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, meganoth said:

C’est le caractère aléatoire habituel du butin. Le seul moyen sûr d’obtenir ces éléments est le mode créatif.

Un moyen d’augmenter vos chances serait de sélectionner des quincailleries et des points d’intérêt similaires pour les quêtes. La grande quincaillerie est de niveau 4 je pense (et vous savez probablement déjà que vous pouvez sélectionner des quêtes de niveau inférieur avec le trader A20, non?)

Thanks for that quick answer.

Yes of course we do lower tier quests, we even mounted several different traders thinking to increase our chance of finding them (green and desert biome) but in vain for the moment. 😅

We will try to focus on the hardware stores in this case, hoping that our bad luck turns around. But honestly at this point in the game and seeing lots of people (streams and others) owning drills and drones much earlier than us, we thought our game was bugged.

Is there a list or a google doc with all (or almost all) of the quest POIs? I digress a bit from the subject of the topic but for tier 5 we only have the choice between 3 skyscrapers regardless of the trader, and once the hospital.

Edit : We are playing on a generated world

Edited by Khost (see edit history)

Your loot chances are now determined by loot stage, not game stage anymore.  You can see what it is in the player information tab at the very bottom.

If you want to peel back the cover and see the inner workings, here are some locations where you can find the auger and the chances:

Spoiler

Augers are on the ProbT3 table which means you first have a chance to find them if you are loot stage 192 (p=0.02).  Loot stage 215 (p=0.25) and loot stage 240 (p=0.5).

After that, the containers have various groups with different probabilities that something will be pulled from each loot group:

• Med p=05
  • medLow p=0.35
  • Low p=0.2
  • veryLow p=0.05

Augers are in two specific lootgroups - groupToolsT3 in both cases

<!-- *** Tool_Loot_Scaled -->
<lootgroup name="groupToolsTiered" count="1">
    <!-- <item group="groupToolsT0" loot_prob_template="ProbT0"/> -->
    <item group="groupToolsT1" loot_prob_template="ProbT0"/>
    <item group="toolParts" loot_prob_template="ProbT1"/>
    <item group="groupToolsT2" loot_prob_template="ProbT2Cap"/>
    <item group="groupToolsT3" loot_prob_template="ProbT3"/>
</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupRareToolsTiered" count="1">
    <item group="groupToolsTiered"/>
    <item group="groupToolsT2" loot_prob_template="ProbT2"/>
    <item group="groupToolsT3" loot_prob_template="ProbT3"/>
</lootgroup>

Here aer some examples of there you can find these groups:

• Cars = Low, then medLow
  • Workbenches = Low, then equal chance from that group
  • PassNGo crates = Med
  • Lockers = veryLow then Low
  • Construction Crates = Med, then medLow
  • Working Stiffs = guarantee pull, then medLow chance
  • Zombie loot bags
  •  

7 hours ago, Khost said:

Thanks for that quick answer.

Yes of course we do lower tier quests, we even mounted several different traders thinking to increase our chance of finding them (green and desert biome) but in vain for the moment. 😅

We will try to focus on the hardware stores in this case, hoping that our bad luck turns around. But honestly at this point in the game and seeing lots of people (streams and others) owning drills and drones much earlier than us, we thought our game was bugged.

Is there a list or a google doc with all (or almost all) of the quest POIs? I digress a bit from the subject of the topic but for tier 5 we only have the choice between 3 skyscrapers regardless of the trader, and once the hospital.

Edit : We are playing on a generated world

Look for a list of ALL POIs in the 7d2d install directory in Data\Prefabs\POIs. I would assume that all POIs that have a line "<property name="QuestTags" value="..." />" in their ....xml file are quest-POIs.

There is also a line "DifficultyTier" which says what tier each building is. Filtering for all tier 5 buildings gives this list:

apartment_brick_6_flr.xml:  <property name="DifficultyTier" value="5" />
factory_03.xml:  <property name="DifficultyTier" value="5" />
factory_lg_01.xml:  <property name="DifficultyTier" value="5" />
factory_lg_02.xml:  <property name="DifficultyTier" value="5" />
hospital_01.xml:  <property name="DifficultyTier" value="5" />
skyscraper_01.xml:  <property name="DifficultyTier" value="5" />
skyscraper_02.xml:  <property name="DifficultyTier" value="5" />
skyscraper_03.xml:  <property name="DifficultyTier" value="5" />

If you want to find out whether one of those buildings is in your world, look for the GeneratedWorlds folder (...\AppData\Roaming\ or similar on Windows), there you will find a prefabs.xml with all buildings in your world.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)