Player Profile help?

Slyke

I was able to play a couple days ago since then nothing has worked for me I've delete all my game data I've cleared it deleted all my saves verified my files on steam uninstalled and reinstalled the game as 20.5 and 20.4 I've tried loading it with and without the anti cheat on (all in SP). I'm unable to even create or edit characters ( When I click on player profile from the menus I get  EXC IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of array. Which I'm unable to do anything but alt tab and close the game) Proceed to try to load up a world to get my output logs for the post and repeatedly get the EXC NullReferenceException: Object of reference not set to an instance of an object. (on creating player loading screen)

Did you bring up the game launcher, select tools tab to clean data.Then check all boxes and hit clean? Once you do that, then uninstall the game. Go to Program86x->Steam->steamapps->Common and delete the the 7DaystoDie folder. Then go to %appdata(which is hidden)->Roaming and delete 7 Days folder. To be sure you get every piece of 7 Days, you can open regedit and search for 7 Days and TheFunPimps and delete any reference. Be sure to back up the registry before editing in case something goes wrong. Now install the game for A20.5. This should allow the game to work for you.

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2022 at 4:08 PM, Star69 said:

Did you bring up the game launcher, select tools tab to clean data.Then check all boxes and hit clean? Once you do that, then uninstall the game. Go to Program86x->Steam->steamapps->Common and delete the the 7DaystoDie folder. Then go to %appdata(which is hidden)->Roaming and delete 7 Days folder. To be sure you get every piece of 7 Days, you can open regedit and search for 7 Days and TheFunPimps and delete any reference. Be sure to back up the registry before editing in case something goes wrong. Now install the game for A20.5. This should allow the game to work for you.

I have been trying to get my game to work for several months now. when the issue first started I found no info about how to fix it, or similar problems' fixes didn't work. Thank you so much! I have been missing my 7 Days. lol. >_<