Need a "no Zombie" Mod to help a friend

Hello there
yes, it's a weird request to ask for a "no zombie" mod for a zombie game, but let me explain:

A friend of mine loves survival games and thinks the principle of 7D2D is great, only there is a problem. The sight of zombies triggers nightmares for her. It really just the look. The hazment for example does not bother her, because only the eyes are visible and the rest of the body is covered. That gave me the idea to give all zombies the prefab of the Hazment, but that only gave error messages without end. I am absoulutely inexperienced what Unity and the same concerns and have never made any kind of mod, so the please to you:
Can you create a mod that replaces all zombies with other non-zombie skins that have the same behavior as the zombies themselves? Quasi a reskin that makes the zombies look not crasser but rather more boring. The best skins are those that cover the face completely.

I know it all sounds very strange, but I want to make 7D2D playable for her.

with best regards

Bellotex

"Translated with DeepL"

@Bellotex

Do you have a list of zombies that are "acceptable" to your friend?  Including the zombified animals.

There are many different routes one can go.

Easiest route is to replace the nightmare models of zombies with acceptable ones via the spawning.  One concern about that is it limits the variability of zombies in the game then so might become too repitious.

Another option is to add a mod from a creator that adds more variants (for example - 

You would need to go through that also to determine if there are nightmare zombies added to it that your friend won't like, but someone can easily make up a modlet to remove those entities from spawning (similar to the first option I mentioned).

I can assist with those two options.

The third option is to replace those models with new ones similar to the mod linked above.  That is beyond my expertise right now.

On 5/26/2022 at 2:30 AM, Bellotex said:

Hello there
yes, it's a weird request to ask for a "no zombie" mod for a zombie game, but let me explain:

A friend of mine loves survival games and thinks the principle of 7D2D is great, only there is a problem. The sight of zombies triggers nightmares for her. It really just the look. The hazment for example does not bother her, because only the eyes are visible and the rest of the body is covered. That gave me the idea to give all zombies the prefab of the Hazment, but that only gave error messages without end. I am absoulutely inexperienced what Unity and the same concerns and have never made any kind of mod, so the please to you:
Can you create a mod that replaces all zombies with other non-zombie skins that have the same behavior as the zombies themselves? Quasi a reskin that makes the zombies look not crasser but rather more boring. The best skins are those that cover the face completely.

I know it all sounds very strange, but I want to make 7D2D playable for her.

with best regards

Bellotex

"Translated with DeepL"

When you start a game you can select enemy spawning off and you will get no zombies 

On 5/26/2022 at 11:40 PM, BFT2020 said:

@Bellotex

Do you have a list of zombies that are "acceptable" to your friend?  Including the zombified animals.

There are many different routes one can go.

Easiest route is to replace the nightmare models of zombies with acceptable ones via the spawning.  One concern about that is it limits the variability of zombies in the game then so might become too repitious.

Another option is to add a mod from a creator that adds more variants (for example - 

You would need to go through that also to determine if there are nightmare zombies added to it that your friend won't like, but someone can easily make up a modlet to remove those entities from spawning (similar to the first option I mentioned).

I can assist with those two options.

The third option is to replace those models with new ones similar to the mod linked above.  That is beyond my expertise right now.

first thanks for answering.

I dont have a list. Atm i just know that the Hazment is okay for her. She told me that in the most cases its the Face that scares her. I think the easiet way is, to add more zombies and set the spawn of all "Scary" Zombies to 0. I just hope that it will not infectet the Bloodnight and makes the game too easie.

Is there a way to let Bandids from ne NPC mod act like Zombies? If yes, it would be nioce if someone can tell me how.

I think something could be done with some tinkering with the XML's... I would try messing with entitygroups.xml in data>config folder.

Of course, first do a backup of the original file :)

Then, try to replace the ones you don't want...

<entitygroups>
    <entitygroup name="ZombiesAll">
        <entity name="zombieBoe"/>
        <entity name="zombieJoe"/>
        <entity name="zombieSteve"/>
        <entity name="zombieTomClark"/>
        <entity name="zombieMoe"/>
        <entity name="zombieYo"/>
        <entity name="zombieBusinessMan"/>
        <entity name="zombieArlene"/>
        <entity name="zombieDarlene"/>
        <entity name="zombieMarlene"/>
        <entity name="zombieSkateboarder"/>
        <entity name="zombieBiker" prob="0.3"/>
        <entity name="zombiePartyGirl" prob="0.3"/>
        <entity name="zombieUtilityWorker" prob="0.3"/>
        <entity name="zombieJanitor" prob="0.2"/>
        <entity name="zombieNurse" prob="0.3"/>
        <entity name="zombieSteveCrawler"/>
        <entity name="zombieFatHawaiian" prob="0.3"/>
    </entitygroup>

With the one you do want...

<entitygroups>
    <entitygroup name="ZombiesAll">
        <entity name="zombieMaleHazmat"/>
    </entitygroup>

This is just the first entity group from that XML and you have to do them all, so you have your work cut out for you... and I'm not even 100% sure that it will work. But hey, it's an idea :)

On 6/1/2022 at 1:43 PM, eXSe said:

This is just the first entity group from that XML and you have to do them all, so you have your work cut out for you... and I'm not even 100% sure that it will work. But hey, it's an idea :)

This will work with random spawns out in the world, but I think the sleeper spawns are setup a bit differently.  I recalled someone posted about that in the past, but I can also be mistaken.  If I am remembering correctly, they had to change the entity in entityclasses so it changed to a different model whether it was a random spawn in the world or a sleeper spawn in a POI.  I believe it was because the person hated snakes.  I also recently did one for someone, where I changed the snake entity to a hostile rabbit entity since they were creeped out by snakes.

@Bellotex I will try to throw something together this weekend (a modlet) and see if I can get the entities changed.  I did a search today and there are 30 entities on the zombies side, but only one I think is okay based on your criteria (hiding the zombie face).  I might be able to replace those other 29 models with the trader NPC models.  Rather than everything just being the hazmat zombie, imagine Rekt chasing you down or Jen coming after you.

I created a quick one today at work during my lunch break where I replaced Arlene with the Jen entity.  I can check it out quickly to see if this would work.

• 6 months later...