Building blocks XP

Just looking for some clarification as I could be wrong here.

When building and upgrading blocks you make a nice load of XP

When using pre-made cobblestone or concrete blocks you don't seem to get any.

Whats the point in using them as pre-made if you don't get any or just a fraction of the XP

Personally I use pre-mades to save time. I dont have to farm materials for the previous tier. Useful early on if a blood moon is coming up and I'm not finished building my base or when you just wanna build a big project and not worry about tediously upgrading everything

ive also seen people carry cobble blocks around as emergency nerd pole strategy so they can kill zombies or animals from a safe distance (just make a 2 block high pillar and smack down on them while they slowly bash away at the block)

Edited by NekoPawtato (see edit history)

Some may not want the experience gained from upgrading for whatever their  reason, others like the convenience, could be they don't have enough or want to harvest enough upgrade mats, could be a 100 different reasons why someone would use pre made building blocks. 

The better the material the more horizontal support you have. Woodframes can hold 8 blocks, concrete 12 blocks and steel 15 blocks without vertical support. Those block allow more freedom when building.

In MP it´s also nice that our builder doesn´t increase our gamestage too fast.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)