Losing progress when playing on my friends world.

luki12163

Me and my friend started to play together on his world 3 weeks ago, but something weird is happening. Every time I join play for a bit (at least few minutes) and then leave everything seems fine. However when I join again I am teleported back to the place I was roughly 2 days ago (Wasn't able to determine specific time but seems to be between one day and two days). My inventory, equipment is the same as when I left, however I lose all progress (Books, recipes, lvl, perks, quests) that I did earn during this 1-2 day period that game go back with. 

This already happened few times and I am not really sure what could cause that as it wasn't like this before day 20-22?. (Not really sure about specific time).

With the file log I am not sure if there will be something on my log or his log.

Edit: After checking game versions I think it started after A20.4 b42 went Stable.

Edited by luki12163 (see edit history)

Same issue happen when I try to play with my cousins.

Everything seems normal. But every time I log off and log back I am on another position (normally a place I had wandered in the last log in) and my stats, perks are reverted to where they were 4 or 5 days ago (always stuck on the same Level and perks from 5 days go). Inventory and equipment is kept.

Just to add  - I realized that while I was playing the following message is showing up on the console:

ERR [steamworks.NET]NET: could not send package to server.

Try adding an exclusion for the 7 Days folder and your saves folder in your antivirus software. It isn’t enough to disable the antivirus as some functions still work so create the exclusions.

Edit: if this doesn’t work, try upgrading to A20.5 experimental, there may be a fix in that version.

Edited by Star69 (see edit history)