Battery as fuel source for workstation - possible?

poly

I'm creating an update for my mod and I'm wondering if it was possible.

I have a workstation with a 'turn on' element. Currently, I can power it with the usual things: wood, logs, coal, paper etc

However, I'd like it to work as the batteries work - so there is a slot for a battery, and as time goes by the battery gets drained until you need to replace or recharge.

I know this functionality works with other things, such as a the solar banks, but is it possible to implement this into some sort of powered workstation? Also, preventing all other fuel sources from being able to be used as an input.

I recall that Darkness Falls using a battery for the high level workstations (the forge perhaps); though I am not exactly sure what mechanic Khaine used for it (i.e. is it just a crafting part for the recipe or does it need to be swapped out as a fuel source as the battery drains down).  Might be something to look into.

14 hours ago, Cranberry Monster said:

In DF, the player-crafted oven at least requires a battery in the tool slot to operate, and doesn't consume any fuel. But the battery level doesn't go down (at least, that was my experience in DF in A19.5).

Thanks.  I knew that Khaine incorporate batteries in some way, but couldn't recall.  I haven't play DF yet so everything I know about it is either gained towards watching others play it YT or looking in his files to understand how he did things.