Game not visible on LAN?

sale666

Hi guys!

Well I had a server running on my local network until the recent update.

I updated and I cant see the game under LAN anymore?

To make thigs clearer I have a dedicated server on my LAN network that runs Server 2019 I use it as a file share , game server, media server.

I am able to ping my server and I am able to access shares and everything on my server as usual.

The server and the main PC are connected to the same router and are able to ping, see, file share one another so no problem here with connectivity.

The odd thing is when I launch the game I go to the browser and LAN says 0. 

However if I punch in my 192.168.1.103 local IP of the server it connects just fine!

What could the reason be?

On the main PC I run windows 11 

On the server all ports are forwarded and open

Could this be some bug?

Cheers!

Replying here because I have the exact same identical issue. Was just fine before the update and now cannot see on lan. Can connect via internet and IP just fine but unable to see my server in Lan list. Any help here greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks for your responses guys... Just a quick recap I am a system administrator and I know very well how to forward ports and setup servers.

Now I'm more interested in this what P3rf3ctVZer0 said the Invalid naming Scheme that could be messing stuff up so I used a simple name for server such as "Helloserver" and still a flop.

I will try to attach the server on my spare switch and change the subnet to see if that makes any difference but as I still see this is just a random bug.

I have confirmed both game and server run the same version (still even if they did not it should pop up not allowing you to connect because of "different game version").

On 5/6/2022 at 8:56 AM, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

It could be a number of factors. I will let someone else like a mod help you but its usually one of 3 factors

• Invalid Naming Scheme
  • Not correctly port forwarded
  • Not playing the same version as hosted server

9 minutes ago, sale666 said:

Now I'm more interested in this what P3rf3ctVZer0 said the Invalid naming Scheme that could be messing stuff up so I used a simple name for server such as "Helloserver" and still a flop.

Thanks for the update. Your feedback would be more helpful in the official Bug Report for this issue.

3 hours ago, sale666 said:

Thanks for your responses guys... Just a quick recap I am a system administrator and I know very well how to forward ports and setup servers.

I will try to attach the server on my spare switch and change the subnet to see if that makes any difference but as I still see this is just a random bug.

I have confirmed both game and server run the same version (still even if they did not it should pop up not allowing you to connect because of "different game version").

Well then my suggestion can't be it. Have you tried restarting modem? (Yes this has been an issue for me in the past no its not common.)