downgrade dedicated server to 20.3 from 20.4

cragolf

42 minutes ago, cragolf said:

Is it safe to downgrade the dedicated server version from 20.4 to 20.3? I dont want my players to have to lose all the progress they have made since the 20.4 update. 

It's probably safe. Try it and see.

Excepting certain mods, your A20.3 world should work with A20.4. What issue do you have?

Players with drones are having a major known issue with 20.4 where they get an error repeatedly until eventually they cannot login to the server. 

ERR NCSimple_Serializer (ch=0):

EXC Memory stream is not expandable

I have read that deleting drone data or player data can fix it temporarily but that essentially if a player has ever had a drone they get the error. Myself i put my drone in a chest and the error happened less frequently but then eventually it did happen and now it occurs on each login preventing character creation. 

2 hours ago, cragolf said:

Is it safe to downgrade the dedicated server version from 20.4 to 20.3? I dont want my players to have to lose all the progress they have made since the 20.4 update. 

You will get a simple red box saying 'Region option not available ignoring feature for each character also all drones are broken otherwise works fine.'

Install https://github.com/dmustanger/7dtd-ServerTools/releases/download/20.3.4/7dtd-ServerTools-20.3.4.zip

You need to delete drones entities just enter dm and type 'le' find the drones listed and then type st-er or maybe it was st-re then hit space type IDNUMBEROFDRONE click enter then go to the world save located here (X is your assigned drive mine is S:)X:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves

delete this and all will be well.

gGIFhsf[1].png

Its located in the world save file by the way example '\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\West Fujapiju Valley\0014'

Otherwise even though the drones are gone the icons wont be.

Can an admin pin this for now?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 2:12 AM, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

You will get a simple red box saying 'Region option not available ignoring feature for each character also all drones are broken otherwise works fine.'

Install https://github.com/dmustanger/7dtd-ServerTools/releases/download/20.3.4/7dtd-ServerTools-20.3.4.zip

You need to delete drones entities just enter dm and type 'le' find the drones listed and then type st-er or maybe it was st-re then hit space type IDNUMBEROFDRONE click enter then go to the world save located here (X is your assigned drive mine is S:)X:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves

delete this and all will be well.

gGIFhsf[1].png

Its located in the world save file by the way example '\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\West Fujapiju Valley\0014'

Otherwise even though the drones are gone the icons wont be.

Can an admin pin this for now?

where can i find the drone.dat and drones.dat.bak to delete it? im so frustrated in this game now hehehehe

Im trying to connect to my dedicated server but Im stuck in loading screen of creating player and wont load to the game

Archived