DLX Weapons Fix - [A21] - Aligned Sights, Aiming directly from the SCOPE and MORE!

DanyEr12LX

Time for some Updates

What I did in this month of development .

There have been several good developments, I have made the mod more efficient, clean and effective than its previous versions.

It is not only a matter of correctly placing the scope on the weapon, but in the meantime I also got to review and customize the aiming, movement and shooting system.

Many parameters, such as the shape, color, and size of the reticle, but for example also the distance of the weapon from the Player when it is not aiming (e.g. see the pistol) will be individually customizable.

I will continue to improve these aspects in future builds as well, but for now I am quite satisfied.

In the future I will also continue to improve the weapons individually (iron sights and other mods such as barrel extenders, bipods etc...)

I just finished fixing a problem I've been trying to fix for a while

(i.e. the crosshairs clipping with the player when aiming and firing some weapons), now it's just a matter of refining the solution I found.

I would say we are almost there.
Development will
not be finished after the release of the first build.

3 hours ago, DanyEr12LX said:

Время для некоторых обновлений

Что я сделал за этот месяц разработки .

Появилось несколько хороших разработок, я сделал мод более эффективным, чистым и действенным , чем его предыдущие версии.

Дело не только в правильном размещении прицела на оружии, но и в том, что мне также пришлось пересмотреть и настроить систему прицеливания, движения и стрельбы .

Многие параметры, такие как форма, цвети размер из сетки, но, например, и расстояние из оружия у игрока, когда он является не целью (см., например, пистолет) будет индивидуально настраиваемый.

Я продолжу улучшать эти аспекты и в будущих сборках, но пока я вполне удовлетворен.

В будущем я также продолжу улучшать оружие по отдельности (железные прицелы и другие моды, такие как удлинители ствола, сошки и т.д.)

Я только что закончил исправлять проблему, которую пытался исправить некоторое время

(т. е. Перекрестие прицела у игрока при прицеливании и стрельбе из какого-либо оружия), теперь остается только доработать найденное мной решение.

Я бы сказал, что мы почти у цели.
Разработка
не будет завершена после выпуска первой сборки.

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

Well guys... apparently I'm dumb as hell...

I just had my Steam Account hacked by a Russian hacker (I know its location from the emails that came to me)...

so I won't be able to develop my Mod until Steam Support recovers my account, because obviously I cannot run the game.

I don't even want to say how I got my account hacked... because that's really a stupid way.

I'll let you know as soon as I get my account back... but I honestly don't know how long it will take, it's the first time I've been fooled so easily.

Edited by DanyEr12LX (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DanyEr12LX said:

Well guys... apparently I'm dumb as hell...

I just had my Steam Account hacked by a Russian hacker... so I won't be able to develop my Mod until Steam Support recovers my account, because obviously I cannot run the game.

I don't even want to say how I got my account hacked... because that's really a stupid way.

I'll let you know as soon as I get my account back... but I honestly don't know how long it will take, it's the first time I've been fooled so easily.

I've just furnished everything I had to the Steam assistance... hoping for the best.

And if you're wondering how I managed to get my account hacked, no... p🍑🍑n has nothing to do with it haha,

It was just a combination of unfavorable events, tiredness, superficiality... that led me to enter my credentials into a fake Steam login site (also known as phishing)... damn hacker got lucky 😒

Edited by DanyEr12LX (see edit history)

19 hours ago, DanyEr12LX said:

I've just furnished everything I had to the Steam assistance... hoping for the best.

And if you're wondering how I managed to get my account hacked, no... p🍑🍑n has nothing to do with it haha,

It was just a combination of unfavorable events, tiredness, superficiality... that led me to enter my credentials into a fake Steam login site (also known as phishing)... damn hacker got lucky 😒

F🍑🍑K YEAH!

I managed to recover my Steam Account. This also gave me the opportunity to update all my passwords, clean my emails from spam, and install Steam Guard on my phone (which I highly recommend you guys to install on your phone).

That's it! Back to work! 😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2024 at 1:17 PM, DanyEr12LX said:

F🍑🍑K YEAH!

I managed to recover my Steam Account. This also gave me the opportunity to update all my passwords, clean my emails from spam, and install Steam Guard on my phone (which I highly recommend you guys to install on your phone).

That's it! Back to work! 😁

WOOP WOOP!

• DanyEr12LX changed the title to DLX Weapons Fix - [A21] - Aligned Sights, Aiming directly from the SCOPE and MORE!

AFTER ALL THIS TIME,

It is with great joy that I finally release to you guys the New Version of my Mod!

It has many new features, including an improved movement and aiming system!

First of all, it works with all Vanilla Weapons, and theoretically it could also work with weapons from other Mods, through a proper setting of the “DLX-ConfigFile.xml” configuration file.
(I don't know yet if I will post a video tutorial about it or develop a configuration wizard tool directly.)

Each Scope (2X, 4X, 8X) of Each Weapon is Customizable Separately!

Please read the Main Topic to know what and how to customize your sights!

➡️ WHAT WE FIND IN THIS NEW VERSION:

Scopes that work on all Vanilla Weapons.
 A smooth progressive Zoom when the player crouches (complete with a Sound Effect).
 A Scope Aiming System made more dynamic and interesting rather than static as in previous versions.
 Same thing regarding the aiming system with Iron Sights.
 A Movement System made more dynamic and interesting i.e. when the Player moves and rotates the view.
 The Firing System has also been made more interesting.
 The Distance of the Weapons from the Player's face when he is not aiming has been corrected  (eg. the Pistol smashed on the Player's face).
 I revised other vanilla Weapons (e.g., Pipe Rifle, Tactical Assault Rifle, etc...) by adjusting Meshes, Textures and adding Mods (eg. Magazine Extender, Barrel Extender, etc...).
 Adjusting Mouse Sensitivity based on scope zoom.
 Enabling the scope to follow the Parent's Object (e.g., the Pipe Rifle while reloading).
 Scratches on the scope lens can be disabled by going to the “DLX-ConfigFile.xml” file and set the “ScopeDirt” parameter inside “GlobalSettings” to “false.”
 Correction for AK47 going out of range for a fraction of a second while start aiming.

In the future I will go over many other things regarding Recoil, Firing and Movement System!

Thank you all for your wait, I know it has been a long time, but I hope you can enjoy this new version!

Thank you more for your hard work. This mod is amazing!

I found a bug where the modifications of the sights on the 2x 4x and 8x weapons are not displayed. Rather, they are displayed, but under arms. And after each shot, the weapon goes up and down after 5 seconds.

Thanks again for your work!

11 hours ago, YARoslaVIK said:

Thank you more for your hard work. This mod is amazing!

I found a bug where the modifications of the sights on the 2x 4x and 8x weapons are not displayed. Rather, they are displayed, but under arms. And after each shot, the weapon goes up and down after 5 seconds.

Thanks again for your work!

Hi there! I appreciate you like my mod! 😁

Unfortunately I didn't quite understand the bug you are talking about. I am referring to the one on the "modifications of the sights on the 2x, 4x and 8x". Could you please provide me a screenshot or a video about it?

Are you currently using other mods besides this one? And if so, what are they?

Hiya! I love this mod! I have been using since alpha 20 and I hope that 1.0 or alpha 22 doesn’t break it very much!! I am absolutely blown away once again! At first I was wondering why the player was holding the gun off to the side when hip-firing but then I realized that it actually makes it so the gun isn’t blocking what is in front of you which I LOVE!! ❤️ Also, holding the magnum sideways is bad assssss

I was wondering though… are you going to give the shotguns the same beautiful treatment you gave all the other weapons? Like a visible sawed off barrel/ extended barrel/ extended tube? 

I guess the vanilla models and invisible mods are alright as they are but I feel like you can make them sparkle!!!

10 hours ago, DanyEr12LX said:

Hi there! I appreciate you like my mod! 😁

Unfortunately I didn't quite understand the bug you are talking about. I am referring to the one on the "modifications of the sights on the 2x, 4x and 8x". Could you please provide me a screenshot or a video about it?

Are you currently using other mods besides this one? And if so, what are they?

Hi! 😃

link to the video

I conducted the test without other mods and on the new Navezgane save.

10 hours ago, YARoslaVIK said:

Hi! 😃

[video]

I conducted the test without other mods and on the new Navezgane save.

Thank you for the video! It was very helpful.

I actually managed to replicate your Bug (the one of scopes not being correctly associated with the weapon), I found out what was the issue and I've just fixed it!

The New Version you'll find in the link is 3.0.1, so you'll just have to delete the previous version of my mod (3.0) and use this new one instead.

As for the weapon raising and lowering, it is actually not a Bug but a Real Feature!

You see, I thought I wanted to convey a Feeling of “Alertness” to the player when shooting from the hip, which translates into pointing the weapon higher and further forward (I think this effect on the Pistol, for example, makes the idea well!).

In addition, since I made my mod highly customizable, if you don't like this effect you can turn it off or decrease it!

(or even increase it, if you want).

➡️ PLEASE FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS TO REMOVE (OR DECREASE) THIS EFFECT

Open the file "DLX-ConfigFile.xml" located inside my Mod's folder.

Search for these lines that start with " <parameter name="AllertParameters" ", there are several of them, one for each weapon section.

Change the last two values inside the "value" parameter to 0, or just decrease them to a desired value.

So, for example, here is the line for the Pipe Rifle:

<parameter name="AllertParameters" value="0.0489, -0.0731, 0.027,   1.37, -3.9, -20.5,   0, 1,   0.8, 0.35"/>

Change this line to:

<parameter name="AllertParameters" value="0.0489, -0.0731, 0.027,   1.37, -3.9, -20.5,   0, 1,   0, 0"/>

(see the last two values are 0)

Save the file and you're ready to go!

Hi, this is an awesome mod (in my opinion it should be part of vanilla).

I've found a number of bugs in the mod, tho I'm glad to see some of them have been fixed in the last update. Most notably on some guns the silencer is not animated with the reload animation and floats in mid-air, on other guns the scopes are floating above the gun, the Desert Vulture has no model for the 2x scope, *M60 has no bipod, *pipe smg has no drum mag (not sure if the last 2 just hadn't been updated yet).

https://postimg.cc/gallery/XbYcnSM

14 hours ago, DanyEr12LX said:

Thank you for the video! It was very helpful.

I actually managed to replicate your Bug (the one of scopes not being correctly associated with the weapon), I found out what was the issue and I've just fixed it!

The New Version you'll find in the link is 3.0.1, so you'll just have to delete the previous version of my mod (3.0) and use this new one instead.

As for the weapon raising and lowering, it is actually not a Bug but a Real Feature!

You see, I thought I wanted to convey a Feeling of “Alertness” to the player when shooting from the hip, which translates into pointing the weapon higher and further forward (I think this effect on the Pistol, for example, makes the idea well!).

In addition, since I made my mod highly customizable, if you don't like this effect you can turn it off or decrease it!

(or even increase it, if you want).

➡️ PLEASE FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS TO REMOVE (OR DECREASE) THIS EFFECT

Open the file "DLX-ConfigFile.xml" located inside my Mod's folder.

Search for these lines that start with " <parameter name="AllertParameters" ", there are several of them, one for each weapon section.

Change the last two values inside the "value" parameter to 0, or just decrease them to a desired value.

So, for example, here is the line for the Pipe Rifle:

<parameter name="AllertParameters" value="0.0489, -0.0731, 0.027,   1.37, -3.9, -20.5,   0, 1,   0.8, 0.35"/>

Change this line to:

<parameter name="AllertParameters" value="0.0489, -0.0731, 0.027,   1.37, -3.9, -20.5,   0, 1,   0, 0"/>

(see the last two values are 0)

Save the file and you're ready to go!

Thanks! Everything is working well now.