DArkness FAlls

Hiroler225

Ok just started darkness falls. 

1. Just had the floor of my base collapse but none of the pillars had missing blocks.  WTF?

2.  there is now a large hole near my base.  Are they coming up from the ground now?

Just trying to have some understanding

9 minutes ago, Hiroler225 said:

Ok just started darkness falls. 

1. Just had the floor of my base collapse but none of the pillars had missing blocks.  WTF?

2.  there is now a large hole near my base.  Are they coming up from the ground now?

Just trying to have some understanding

Maybe try in the darkness falls thread in the mods section.

1. Is there maybe a cave underneath? Or did you maybe extend the floor too much? Did you maybe use only wood or frame shapes with minimal support strength?

2. Zombies might attack the walls of the hole if they can't get out or generally don't have a path to you. It is probably a good idea to fill up that hole again, either with earth or simply wood. Zombies usually don't attack the ground and dig only when they sense that you are lower in elevation than them.

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

1. Is there maybe a cave underneath? Or did you maybe extend the floor too much? Did you maybe use only wood or frame shapes with minimal support strength?

2. Zombies might attack the walls of the hole if they can't get out or generally don't have a path to you. It is probably a good idea to fill up that hole again, either with earth or simply wood. Zombies usually don't attack the ground and dig only when they sense that you are lower in elevation than them.

AS far as  a hole underneath would the supports collapse as well?  now I was curious if the supports might of been too far apart.. i have considered that.. also it was only wood.. i guess there is a weight variance now?    the hole was beyond the perimeter of the base.  we were on day 5 .  it was really peculiar in my eyes.

we were definitely no in a lower elevation.. we were above.. we are using  the elevated horde base with the stairs to a kill corridor.. things moving along then the floor just gave out. only the floor.  the pillars remained standing. 

Thanks for suggestions

10 hours ago, stallionsden said:

that thread is for information only.. you do not post discussions in it.  

5 hours ago, Hiroler225 said:

AS far as  a hole underneath would the supports collapse as well?  now I was curious if the supports might of been too far apart.. i have considered that.. also it was only wood.. i guess there is a weight variance now?    the hole was beyond the perimeter of the base.  we were on day 5 .  it was really peculiar in my eyes.

we were definitely no in a lower elevation.. we were above.. we are using  the elevated horde base with the stairs to a kill corridor.. things moving along then the floor just gave out. only the floor.  the pillars remained standing. 

Thanks for suggestions

no, hmmm tell that to the many who have posted in there asking for help etc you do post discussions in it lol. read past the first post lol.. it has like many pages of discussions.

But yes each block has a strength and can not exceed the max distance allowed which i guess you found. 

6 hours ago, Hiroler225 said:

In A20 there is a new feature: If you want to put a block somewhere that is out of support then its edges turn red. Look for those warning signs when you build.

There is no weight variance, a block of wood should be able to support 8 wood blocks on one of its sides.

See

https://7daystodie.fandom.com/wiki/Structural_Integrity

for a very good guide, it also seems up to date as it mentions the change in A20.

I was mentioning elevation in regards to your question whether that hole in the ground will make problems for you. Stability doesn't care about your elevation

Thanks for suggestions

new threads should only be created for existing mods, but you can post in any of the threads when you have questions to the mod author of that particular mod.

Archived