NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Cyrix56

I've searched online (including these forums) and have seem similiar instances, but can't find one like mine that I have seen a solution to.

I am running a dedicated Ubuntu server and have recently started getting the below error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at GameObjectAnimalAnimation.Awake () [0x00053] in <39cf8b713b17414c9e5ddfff01d6df19>:0 

The only thing I was doing around the time I remember the error began popping up was spawning in a motorbike, gyrocopter, and changing the time to Bloodmoon and then back to a day before. I am posting the logs from today below and I can post the logs from the night it began happening if that gives more info. Any suggetions?

https://pastebin.com/WMF2dVk3

The errors start right when your character loads into the game. Changing the time can absolutely break your save, but not in this fashion.  I would ensure the client is fully excluded from all security software, and then verify the files at least twice.  

Some recent AV software updates have been killing client files when they aren't excluded. I've handled a large number of support requests this week where that was the case. 

After excluding the entire 7D2D folder, multiple verifications I am still getting this error. The weird thing now is that it happens at the exact spot. Does that log tell us the exact item/file that's having the issue?

2 hours ago, Cyrix56 said:

The weird thing now is that it happens at the exact spot.

Do you mean the exact spot in the log, or, it happens when a player enters a specific area in the game?

Also, is there any corresponding error messages in the server's log?

The latter: when a play enters a specific area in the game. We move areas and it started happening again later.

I had everyone log out, spammed a couple killall commands and then rebooted the server and that seemed to fix it. I didn't see any other references in the log referencing that specific error.

Archived