An interesting challenge

Maharin

Create a new world, any size you like, but move all of the sliders and values as far to the left as possible.  Example below.

The hard part is the only lootable things are ground trash and bags left behind.  There are some POIs, sort of, in the wasteland areas and a decent amount of trash in the desert, but otherwise it is tough going.  I'd recommend 200% loot abundance and daily air drops if you feel like resources are too hard to find in the beginning.  Water will be a problem unless you get some very lucky drops or make your way to the ocean.  Oh, and no traders on this map.

Just make sure you're ready for that first night.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.80970373a7c88e5398a4c3133768671e.png

Ive done myself a similar challenge a while back, i put myself onto a small island with no PoIs, and then had to make do with the trashpiles, trees and birdnests... Managing to get a loot bag from a zombie was a heaven sent! It was interessting for a while, but you get bored after spending days with nothing to do but chopping trees and mining rocks... 😅

Also, if all the terrain-sliders are set to 0, wont the world just be flat?   I would go insane, i hate when the ground is too flat, so id probably test that challenge with a 10 at all sliders except plains, that one can stay at 0! x) 

• 3 weeks later...

Tried the same idea in a19 on wasteland-only map with 75% exp and 50% loot. It was... an interesting experience :) 

Took me a dozen tries to manage 4-5 days on permadeath.

But after that chore, a "normal" wasteland-only map became not exactly trivial, but quite manageable :)))

Archived