How to save/favorite an unlisted/private server?

NekoPawtato

Is there a way to favorite/save a server that is only accessible via direct IP/Port connection? (i.e. does not show up in server browser list)

It does not show up in my history so I can't go to the history tab and favorite it

I tried adding it through Steam's "Server" functionality (Steam Library -> View -> Servers), and putting in the same ip/port that I use to connect to it in the game to see if it would show up in my history but it did not help either.

(note: I do not own/set up this dedicated server, I'm just a member of it)

19 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

If the server is unlisted, it won't show up. I would recommend making a desktop shortcut for a stem connect url to the server.

Hi, am I doing this right?

1. Right click desktop
  2. New -> Shortcut
  3. Location of item: steam://connect/<ip address>:<port>
    1. where <ip address> and <port> is what you would usually enter in the game via Join A Game --> Connect to IP...
  4. Enter name and click finish

When I click on the shortcut, a steam popup appears with game info and message "Server is not responding". If I click "Join Game" nothing happens.

3vWWD1e.png

If I go back into 7dtd and join that way through the "Connect to IP..." option, it works.

And I double/triple checked the IP/Ports that I'm entering in the game vs in the shortcut are the same

If it makes any difference, there is currently noone else online. (I don't know if there is different behavior with server connections between someone is already on vs nobody is on)

2 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Yeah, that's how it should work. I usually test the url in the web browser first.

I tried putting it in the URL like you suggested, it prompts me to choose an application. If i select Steam Client Bootstrapper, it opens up that steam dialogue box I posted earlier where it says server is not responding.

The server is also password protected -- would that have any impact on this?

McbWy45.png