Linux (Issue): Copied save moved to new computer starts as if new game

naive1000

I've been playing SP on a Linux box and I've just moved to a new computer. I've copied the save data as per earlier versions from "${HOME}/.local/share/7DaysToDie/" to the new computer. Problem is, the map is correct but the day, character experience, and books read are all gone and it starts me like I'm in a new game except for time of day (starting quest begins again). Also, all the structures I've created and boxes act like I'm trying to open something owned by another player. Can't tell what's going wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

LOG: https://pastebin.com/ztZW2EGV

Edited by naive1000
Added log (see edit history)

• naive1000 changed the title to Linux (Issue): Copied save moved to new computer starts as if new game

Check in

1 hour ago, naive1000 said:

it starts me like I'm in a new game

It seems the old game thinks you are a new player.

Check your .local/share folder in the save game for the "player" folder. In there should be only 3 files with your steamID and .map, .ttp, and .ttp.bak extensions.

Also your "players.xml" file will list the players in the game. Check that your user is the same. Replace those files with the ones from your backup if they differ.

If you are reluctant to manipulate the save game files like B. suggests:

You could try to turn on "Persistent Profiles" for the game. 50% chance it works I would say.

If not and if you can still access your old game, check which profile you used to play the game there with. (Options->Player Profile).  And try to create exactly the same profile on the new computer. Use that profile to play. (This is also an untested idea, might or might not work).

(And we would be interested in knowing whether these methods work or not)

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

This is more of a bug than I thought. I noticed that an EOS entry was in the player.xml file and not from the original. Seems that there was an update in version. Now, since I've updated the game, my original game is doing the same thing. Something about the update has a bug that's making the player data think it's a new game and it's lose all player data.

Edit: Found the bug in the list of know bugs. Game was created offline. Sorry for the post. Didn't see it in the list when I searched it the first time.

Edited by naive1000
Forgot to mention I updated game version on old computer (see edit history)