weird horde night

Hiroler225

So im just looking for theories on this subject.

I have a kill corridor horde base.. steps leading up to walkway elevated with electrical fences and spot to stand and kill zombies..

I play co-op so keep that in mind.. I was in a game recently and we built this horde base. excited for the horde night and the fact we got it up so quickly.  I also use this in another game.  and no it works well.  Horde night comes and the Zs are not taking the stairs.. this is the first time ive seen this happen the zombies were attacking the base at first sight.. it was strange.. after the horde night and ended the session. I thought for a bit and realized that a land claim block wasn't placed in the horde base.  After claim block was placed, the Zs proceeded to take the stairs and "act" as they should. 

Any thoughts?   I am not the host so can't confirm settings. I do know we play a little easier.. Zs all walk, FEral sense off.

The basic corridor should work fine still; I suspect you had a block on their path somehow (spikes or something).

Other than that,

- distance may be an issue if your path is long, but most people won't build that long.

- as it was multiplayer, were all your players in the proper bait area? If they don't have a path to one player, some might start beating on things.

9 hours ago, theFlu said:

The basic corridor should work fine still; I suspect you had a block on their path somehow (spikes or something).

Other than that,

- distance may be an issue if your path is long, but most people won't build that long.

- as it was multiplayer, were all your players in the proper bait area? If they don't have a path to one player, some might start beating on things.

can confirm we had spikes on the stairs.. didn't think it woul dbe an issue du to the fact the walk right through them when we were doing a regular base.. 

38 minutes ago, Hiroler225 said:

can confirm we had spikes on the stairs.. didn't think it woul dbe an issue du to the fact the walk right through them when we were doing a regular base.. 

Spikes are recognized as blocks by the zombies. The best way to use spikes is to dig a 2-3 block deep trench and fill it with spikes. The zombies walk over it and when one spike is destroyed they take the spike next to it because they don't like height changes.

3 hours ago, Hiroler225 said:

can confirm we had spikes on the stairs..

Heh, done that myself. :) They won't try to jump on to a block with a spike on it. If you want spikes on stairs, you can make each step two long and put one spike each, but it's probably not worth the extra blocks or path length.