Is it possible to re-bind the "Toggle Zombie AI" key?

NekoPawtato

I know by default, when you're in debug mode, * on the num pad will toggle zombie AI.

Is it possible to rebind this to something else? I did not see this in the settings anywhere. If there's an XML that needs to be edited then so be it. I'm on a laptop that doesn't have a dedicated numpad and for whatever reason there is no NumLock option on my keyboard.

11 minutes ago, NekoPawtato said:

I know by default, when you're in debug mode, * on the num pad will toggle zombie AI.

Is it possible to rebind this to something else? I did not see this in the settings anywhere. If there's an XML that needs to be edited then so be it. I'm on a laptop that doesn't have a dedicated numpad and for whatever reason there is no NumLock option on my keyboard.

Yes, in Misc menu.

here.thumb.jpg.2f5002dd1a907dd5c5696cf0380a71b5.jpg

22 minutes ago, Robeloto said:

Yes, in Misc menu.

here.thumb.jpg.2f5002dd1a907dd5c5696cf0380a71b5.jpg

Hm, did they change how the behavior works in the latest alpha? I tried using "invisible mode" but I noticed the zombies will still wander around even if I'm in invisible mode.

I'm trying to make them not move at all the moment I press the button, like this guy's video (I'm playing singleplayer/not on a server)

Edited by NekoPawtato (see edit history)

45 minutes ago, NekoPawtato said:

Hm, did they change how the behavior works in the latest alpha? I tried using "invisible mode" but I noticed the zombies will still wander around even if I'm in invisible mode.

I'm trying to make them not move at all the moment I press the button, like this guy's video (I'm playing singleplayer/not on a server)

Weird. Well if you bind the button right and have enabled the debug menu, I have no clue what's wrong. This game tends to get on my nerves when it isn't working as it should. xD

Hope you will solve it somehow. If I come up with any solution for you I will write here.

17 hours ago, Robeloto said:

Weird. Well if you bind the button right and have enabled the debug menu, I have no clue what's wrong. This game tends to get on my nerves when it isn't working as it should. xD

Hope you will solve it somehow. If I come up with any solution for you I will write here.

I got clarification from one of the QA staff. Invisible mode and toggle zombie AI are two separate actions. They just both happen to be tied to num pad *, except the latter is not able to be rebinded in the current settings page.

Edited by NekoPawtato (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, NekoPawtato said:

I got clarification from one of the QA staff. Invisible mode and toggle zombie AI are two separate actions. They just both happen to be tied to num pad *, except the latter is not able to be rebinded in the current settings page.

Well, that explains a lot why I have been having problems getting to see the items in my hand while I pressed turn off AI. It's a shame it cannot be rebinded. And I always thought invisible mode was the same as turn off AI, like they don't see you, they don't move, but now I know better.  Thank you!

nope, invisible makes the player invisible to the zeds (unless you slap one... i think he can slap back or its a wild swing... also it does render you invisible to other players - or it does for me on p2p when i take people through a test run on one of my pois and i want to watch them but not trip the sleepers)

numpad * freezes AI from moving and press ctrl+* will freeze them completely (no twitching around or twerking)

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

nope, invisible makes the player invisible to the zeds (unless you slap one... i think he can slap back or its a wild swing... also it does render you invisible to other players - or it does for me on p2p when i take people through a test run on one of my pois and i want to watch them but not trip the sleepers)

numpad * freezes AI from moving and press ctrl+* will freeze them completely (no twitching around or twerking)

I got my hopes up and thought the latter command was without numpad and was hoping it would still achieve what I needed, but I guess it's ctrl + numpad * 😆

1 hour ago, NekoPawtato said:

I got my hopes up and thought the latter command was without numpad and was hoping it would still achieve what I needed, but I guess it's ctrl + numpad * 😆

Virtual keyboard or some numpad emulator would work for you that don't have the numpad keys? Like rebind a specific button to be *.