Robotic turret issue

nitnoid

I've been having an issue with the robotic turret in a20.0 and a20.1.  I looked through the known issues and cannot find it there so I'm wondering if I need to fill out a ticket or not.

The issue is, whenever I am in a poi and I know I'm going to have a rough time, I set the robotic turret down to help out.  More often than not, what happens is that the robotic turret will glitch through the floor.  If there is no level below, it gets stuck in the blocks and I have to dig it out.  If I am in a multi level poi, it will sometimes glitch down to the floor below or 2 floors below.  However, my partner can still see the turret where I placed it originally.

Anyone else experience this?  Thanks!

Yes the Falling Turret bug has had much discussion. I belive faatal has fixed the issue, fix will go in next Exp. version.

"It had nothing to do with the map or blocks. It was raycasts failing briefly from mesh colliders updating, so the turret would see "ground" father below and rapidly move to it. The more a mesh was being updated by say damage, the more often it happened. This fix will be in our next experimental."   - faatal

20 minutes ago, PoppaSmirk said:

As recently as 4 days ago,  I still had this glitch happen with one of My robo turrets.  I used a workaround of digging out two blocks, and crafting topsoil to drop into them,  then placed the robo turret on top of those.

They're trying another fix in Experimental currently which is supposed to go to Stable on Monday (US).

2 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

They're trying another fix in Experimental currently which is supposed to go to Stable on Monday (US).

That will be much needed,  but still won't affect My gameplay as We don't "swap" worlds,  unless the new build is stable  AND we haven't reached a point where My friends and I don't want to start over.   Still, its great news that TFP is working on solving that issue.  Its a royal pain. 

Thanks for sharing that.

On 2/5/2022 at 3:28 PM, hiemfire said:

Turrets falling thru blocks has not been fixed with update A20.2 b2 EXP.

My turret not only still fell thru the floor but completely vanished from world, it was neither under the house or bedrock.

3 minutes ago, Bonedaddy said:

My turret not only still fell thru the floor but completely vanished from world, it was neither under the house or bedrock.

Whaddya mean, it's fixed perfectly, you no longer have any evidence of there being a bug .. ;)