Manuals = Paper

Drawfox

Eventually I think they should have a process of making your own from scratch. Something like - When cutting down trees, can acquire a small amount of saw dust (per tree). Saw dust + Jar of water (clean or murky) = wood pulp Paper mold = Small metal pipes (layout like grill) with sticks all around it (or maybe have to find in a garage of a home, window/door screen, use sticks to make the frame). *Really like having to look for a screen so you have to go out. Camp fire + Paper mold + wood pulp (1-3mins cooking) to simulate drying = Paper (yeah you can just let it air dry, but I don't think ppl will want to wait for it to air dry). * If they don't increase the stack size of paper - Stick + 20 pieces of paper = Book (to help with storage).

Yeah, but I made this this thread more because it's annoying to have to drop those books on the ground all the time, than the lack of paper. Normal books drop quite often, I have a stack of them already. But those manual change to "Woohoooo" to "Tsk, useless trash...", I wanted at least scrap them. So, If I don't find the book I need, at least I have material for another TNT or some shotguns shells.

[QUOTE=Drawfox;129031]Yeah, but I made this this thread more because it's annoying to have to drop those books on the ground all the time, than the lack of paper. Normal books drop quite often, I have a stack of them already. But those manual change to "Woohoooo" to "Tsk, useless trash...", I wanted at least scrap them. So, If I don't find the book I need, at least I have material for another TNT or some shotguns shells.[/QUOTE] No I hear ya, It gets annoying when you have 5 copies of Ammo Nation and no real purpose for them, and your right a manual should break down to paper for use.

Yeah it's not like paper is had to come by, just run around a wasteland biome for 20 minutes and check the lockers you'll have hundreds of paper. The problem is already read manuals are completely worthless if you know the recipe already. Until they get some kind of NPC trading/selling in game it would be nice to break these schematics/manuals into paper! Also I don't even loot paper because a stack of 64 paper is only about 3 books worth of paper so I keep the books and trash the paper. Stack size of 500 like gunpowder would make more sense. I mean 500 sheets of paper is one ream of copy paper, the same size as a single large book.

[QUOTE=Tin;129054]No I hear ya, It gets annoying when you have 5 copies of Ammo Nation and no real purpose for them, and your right a manual should break down to paper for use.[/QUOTE] Isn't? So sad to throw the on the ground. I like your ideas to create paper, too =) [QUOTE=CrionLord;129054]Also I don't even loot paper because a stack of 64 paper is only about 3 books worth of paper so I keep the books and trash the paper. Stack size of 500 like gunpowder would make more sense. I mean 500 sheets of paper is one ream of copy paper, the same size as a single large book.[/QUOTE] Yeah, 500 makes even more sense... [QUOTE=Arigas;129054]Thanks for the idea, I'm going to add recipes to break the books down into normal books today for my server. Never even thought of doing this. Would solve the problem of what to do with them all XD [/QUOTE] You're welcome! ;)

Wasn't letting me reply earlier. I've had this idea before too. But the thing is, each manual would be a crafting recipe so you'd have 20+ recipes now or in the future that are just different manuals in your craft list.

Yea, it may not be pretty, but unless someone wants to mod in something similar to the Scrap material variable that metal objects have its the only way to do it. At least, that I know of. Pretty sure, there is already a server with somewhere around 700 custom recipes anyhow, and the new search is probably the best thing to happen to them :P

Archived